Help! Mbox3(-standard) SPDIF reamping

ivar

I have trouble to get parallel forth-back signal from Axe FX II via Mbox 3 for live reamping.

I followed the instructions from this forum but no luck.

How I have the connections:

(1-forth) DAW -> Mbox3 -> Axe FX II via SPDIF in -> (2-back) Axe FX II via SPDIF out -> Mbox3 - DAW (the Mbox is set as master clock)

Looks like I just don't get the Axe FX II SPDIF signal back to Mbox, but in the Axe the signal is there and I can see/hear it via Axe's own outputs.

The path back to Mbox works fine as well as far as the Axe is set to master for Mbox.

Just having all that working in parallel for reamping doesn't seem to work.

All the suggestions are very welcomed!

Thanks a million!

Thanks for the hint Fabio, though I'm little puzzled what you mean exactly?

This is how I have the configuration done:

Thanks again!

reamping_settings.jpg

I/O----->OUTPUT 1 set to SPDIF.

It's near the bottom of the menu. The default settings send audio out via the XLR and Jack outputs.

At the bottom I found "SPDIF/AES SELECT", and this is currently set to SPDIF.

For the OUPUT 1 parameter I didn't find any SPDIF option (mode, boost,phase)?

Thanks!

Just tried again - only changed the Mbox clock to SPDIF and played guitar, the signal comes nicely back. No changes in cables or anything.
So the parallel SPDIF signal processing seems to fail, yet one by one each cable works from start to end.

I have the latest Mbox drivers installed, the Axe has 14.02 FW.

Any more ideas to try? The Mbox doesn't have XLR digital input so I can't try that at the moment.

Just in case anyone having the same issue - looks like the Mbox3 is not capable for SPDIF loopback. As it is specified in the user manual, in order to receive anything from SPDIF IN on Mbox, the Mbox clock has to be set to SPDIF.

Back
Top Bottom