HELP! I'm getting nothing at either input.

LAYGO

Experienced
Output suddenly cut, & now nothing is coming out & leds aren't lighting up. Different instruments,different cables, nothing! Tried inputs in the rear as well!

Leds work, so that isn't the issue.

This put a serious hamper on band practice tonight.

Check I/O menu, input 1 source too--if it was switched to digital this would happen.

Wasn't in the I/O menu when it happened, but I'll check.

It's freaking me out. :( I even tried the test tone & got LED activity, but zero output.

Verified that the I/O was Front and *NOT* Digital. I tried several instruments and several cables. My inputs are dead.

HELP I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!

It seems there are several people experiencing this problem. Is there an issue with the inputs? Faulty IC's? I do not think it's a physical soldering issue, at least on mine. I've never yanked on the input & always looped it thru the loop next to the input.

BAH! I finally have an RMA though. I'll have a peek inside to see if there's anything blatantly wrong before I send it.

Results from the RMA:
Support says "both converters were blown".

They said it could happen if you take an amplified signal into either the inputs or outputs. Funny as that was NOT my case. I've not moved my Ultra in the rack for over 2 years & the only connections made each time are guitar to input, amp out to cab in, and midi in to midi out on pedal.

$150+ the $2700 I just spent on the II. BAH! B A H I say.

Results from the RMA:
Support says "both converters were blown".

They said it could happen if you take an amplified signal into either the inputs or outputs. Funny as that was NOT my case. I've not moved my Ultra in the rack for over 2 years & the only connections made each time are guitar to input, amp out to cab in, and midi in to midi out on pedal.

$150+ the $2700 I just spent on the II. BAH! B A H I say.

It does kind of suck but... you have an Axe ll and last I read 3000 others don't.

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom