Help - I'm buying a preset pack - what resetting of amps is needed first

Gilesy

Inspired
I would like to buy a preset pack..but I am fairly certain I have not done all (or maybe even any) of the 'amp resets' needed in previous firmwares to have the latest modelling / amp settings.

So, here's my problem:
1) If I don't have the latest amp modelling then I wont get the right sound from the preset pack.
2) But if I reset the amp to have the latest amp settings, I lose all the new settings that I have just paid ££ for in the presets pack.

So please can someone help me with the correct step-by-step sequence to make sure my firmware (10.01) is in the right state (i.e. fully fully up-to-date setting wise) before I upload the purchased presets?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers
Gilesy

It doesn't work that way. If you reset the amp block before loading the preset, the preset will overwrite the reset. If you reset after loading in the purchased preset, it will change that preset.

If the commercial presets were created or updated fairly recently, you probably don't have anything to worry about anyway.

Thanks EletricPhase.

Given that the preset packs may have many, many amps do I need to rest all in advance of loading the purchased presets? Or is there a way that amps can be updated all in one go (apologies I am being a doofus on this)?

Whose preset Pack? This is a relevant question, as in general the older the preset , the more potential incompatibility there is...and some creators are more diligent about updates than others. Zmake your adjustments as needed for your gig and rig on a preset by preset basis. And no rules ..IISGIIG ...(did I just make that up? )
(If It Sounds Good It Is Good)....

Just make sure your firmware is up to date, or set to the recommended firmware for the presets you are buying. Most sellers will release updates for the most current but they may not be on 10.1 yet

Good points all - I’m looking at one of Fremen’s and it is already updated 9.04. But surely it is the setting of my amp blocks that need to be reset in line with the latest firmware, not Fremen’s settings?

Are you saying that as long as my firmware is at the same version as the preset pack no updating of amp blocks is required?

preset packs don't "have amps." they have settings which load when you load the preset.

just load the preset.

Hi Chris - I understand the preset is just settings (appreciate you confirming though).

If I have not updated Amps in previous firmware updates am I not perpetuating issues from not have reset the amp blocks? What causes your amp blocks to have the latest parameters if I haven’t switched them, switched back and resaved?

Hi Chris - I understand the preset is just settings (appreciate you confirming though).

If I have not updated Amps in previous firmware updates am I not perpetuating issues from not have reset the amp blocks? What causes your amp blocks to have the latest parameters if I haven’t switched them, switched back and resaved?
When you have an old preset and install a new firmware, the old preset has some old defaults assuming you didn’t change every single parameter yourself. “Resetting the amp” simply changes parameters to the new defaults. And from there you would make your changes.

A preset you load contains all the settings already. There is nothing to reset.

This concept is over-thought often. Just try the preset. If you want, “reset” the amp but don’t save yet. Which do you like better? Use that one. It doesn’t “need” to be reset if you like the sound. I haven’t reset my amps in a long time because I like how it sounds now.

Chris, Thanks for your explanation. Based on what I have read here I will be safe to upload a 9.04 purchased preset pack into 10.01.

Cheers all for your inputs.

Gilesy

Back
Top Bottom