Help - Identical Cabs sound different - can't figure out why. syx included

Hi. Anybody out there have a minute to check this out? .syx included. Scene 1 and 2 in question.

There is one amp block. Originally this preset had two cab blocks. One sounded strange, so I copied Cab 1 to Cab 2. Now they are the same, but they still sound different. All the settings on the cabs are the same. The Cab block was copied, so by definition they are identical. I can't figure this one out.

No scene controllers or modifiers. You can even do the test within the same scene and get the same result. (tried the test w the cabs in series and parallel. same result).

Do you get the same result?

If anyone can shed any light on this, please let me know. I thought I'd ask the community before I bothered tech support.
Thanks!

FW Q1.01

Attachments

• Identical cabs sound different.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
I just tried the patch and both cab blocks/scenes sound the identical on my system. I put a looper block up front and recorded a simple, short loop to make sure I could compare both accurately.

In what way are they sounding different to you?

Hi NPX,
One cab was sounding thinner.

Thanks for taking the time to test this.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but after I posted here, I tried restarting the unit one more time. Problem gone!

Perhaps it was due to the FW update being so fresh (only one restart after FW update - never had to restart more than once).
Who knows. Glad it's back to normal.

Thanks again!

PS, thanks again Cliff and team for a great product, tool, and vehicle of expression. Keeps getting better! Thanks for your passion and time!

It happened on 1.00 to me. Main patch, copied cab x setting to y. Y sounded totally different. Had to change Y from stereo ultra to stereo and it sounded like X again. Even though X was stereo ultra! Now it appears as it fixed itself, haven't been able to recreate that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Takara,
Como estamos? Soy tambien de Chile pero vivo en Alemania!

Thanks for the info. My preset also included X and Y settings. I copied X to Y on both cabs but still had the problem until the second restart. I haven't experienced the problem again.

Saludos, hue'on!
;-)

Back
Top Bottom