HELP! I overwrote my fav preset!

:cry: I did some searching...I take it there's no way to undo a "store"?? :cry: Maybe this could be a feature? At least to undo the last write? :(

I'm afraid there is no way to get back a preset you have overwritten just using the Axe-FX itself unless you have backed it up in another slot.

This is one reason why you should back-up your presets externally on a regular basis.

Consider it a lesson learned.

Depending on the number of 'critical' presets you have, you can also just keep another copy of them in another slot on the Axe. Or, just use one slot for editing -- whatever path you want to change, copy it into the temp slot and have at. If you like the results, copy it back.

A secondary benefit is that it gives you a rudimentary compare ability while making changes. For myself, I know that sometimes I can go down the primrose path when making changes ("Wow, this is the best ever") just to decide later that the original was preferred. The only way to do that is to be able to switch back and forth between them.

TT

Ah! Thanks for the tip. I actually used to do that with the Boss GT-8. Assign patches over 100 or 200 (dont remember) for backups. I'll do that with the AXE. however, on the AXE, all presets sounds great and it would be a shame to lose even one. :eek: Almost all of the GT-8's presets were crap!. :lol:

And lastly... you can back up presets 1-63 to flash within the AXE-FX (which can be restored later - though I've never tried that).
Go to the Utility menu & look down the list of options - I can't remember the exact name, you should recognise it when you see it or check it out in the manual.

SteveD said:
And lastly... you can back up presets 1-63 to flash within the AXE-FX (which can be restored later - though I've never tried that).
Go to the Utility menu & look down the list of options - I can't remember the exact name, you should recognise it when you see it or check it out in the manual.
This only works on the Standard.

When I came from rehersal last thursday I was blown away from my recent patch I couldn't have been happier.
Went to bed at 2 pm at last to get four hours of sleep.
Just before falling asleep I immediately stood up, booted the mac, fired up the ultra and saved the tone to the computer.
Then I uploaded it to my mobile me account.
I just realized that this should have to be done with my custom mixed Redwire cabs too but it's hard to tell wich one is in wich slot...
I think I made some screenshots of the slots though..
Sorry to hear about your loss.

No worries man. I did not spend hours and hours on it or anything. I just plugged the axe into the return of the Bogner and came up with an awesome tone which I replicated on the ART. I just didnt want to lose that tone. I think I dialed it back, almost. Its a patch with Recto Red and I think that's my fav amp sim yet. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom