Help: I need punchy clean tones

Leon mentioned it, the Out Comp under the Dynamics tab in the amp is a great secret sauce for cleans. I run it around 2. It levels out the volume a bit without squishing too much.

This morning I've been playing with a Double Verb Nrm amp, gain down to about 3, bump up the Out Comp to 2, and tweak the EQ as you like. Running through the stock 2x12 Double Verb Mix it's a great clean sound. Add a little Studio C reverb, a bit of chorus and delay, sounds great.

Leon mentioned it, the Out Comp under the Dynamics tab in the amp is a great secret sauce for cleans. I run it around 2. It levels out the volume a bit without squishing too much.

This morning I've been playing with a Double Verb Nrm amp, gain down to about 3, bump up the Out Comp to 2, and tweak the EQ as you like. Running through the stock 2x12 Double Verb Mix it's a great clean sound. Add a little Studio C reverb, a bit of chorus and delay, sounds great.
Thank you :)

I just set this up as you describe, playing a strat through it and it sounds great. Thx!

I love the AC20 cleans. I start with Scene 1 of Glenn D’s free GD Eagles patch and tweak from there, including some of the ideas above. Ends up very nice and plenty punchy for a clean sound.

The AC20 does it for me. So easy to dial in. And it´s sits perfect in a full band. To me that´s a punchy clean sound. A clean sound based on a fender amp is more scooped and don´t sit in the mix in the same way.

I like to use the Dirty Shirley with very low preamp gain. Then I use 3db of comp in front of the amp, 3db of output comp in the amp block, and 3db of speaker comp. Really does the trick for a warm, squishy funk tone.

Back
Top Bottom