Help !! How to disable the effect proccesing on Rear Input 1 in the Axe FX2??

Hi guys;
I'd like to know how to disable the effect proccesing on the rear Input 1 (balanced L+R) in the Axe Fx2.

Let me explain:
I am using the guitar in the Front Input1, and I would like to pass the balanced L + R line output of my microphone preamp to the balanced L + R Rear Input1 (line input) of the Axe Fx2, without this sound being processed or alter to changing presets.

I have read something about using Input2, but having to modify all the presets and include this "effect" in the chain, which is not interesting.

The purpose is to play the guitar (processed) and sing (unprocessed) at the same time, to mixing and using the Axe Fx2 as Usb interface sound card.

This option to using a external player is included in the user manual, but I can not find a way to execute correctly the section 3;

Screenshot_20180217-162906.jpg

Even if you press the bypass button, it continues to process the incoming sound of the Rear Input1 and affect every preset or effect change.

Any contribution or solution is welcome.
Thanks and greetings to all.

You'll need to modify each preset for this setup in any case.

It's probably going to be easiest to connect the mic pre to Input 2L, then place the FX Loop block to get mic signal into the grid.

If using Input 1R for mic you need to separate the L & R signals after the input block somehow, like this:

Sí Chris, por supuesto, presiono Fx bypass en la parte superior del modo Input1. Al hacerlo, cambio el sonido a un volumen más bajo y más oscuro, pero es por la distorsión o el efecto preestablecido que tengo para la guitarra.

Sí Chris, por supuesto, presiono Fx bypass en la parte superior del modo Input1. Al hacerlo, cambio el sonido a un volumen más bajo y más oscuro, pero es por la distorsión o el efecto preestablecido que tengo para la guitarra.
FX bypass only disables the selected block.

Press BYPASS.

792114FE-DE32-4162-94DF-08BC771D87EA.jpeg

Thanks Bakerman, if there is no other way I will have to do it that way, although it was something I preferred to avoid, having to modify preset by preset ....
It would almost be better and simpler to separate them and use a second interface to obtain the 2 audios at a time.

There will be some other way of entry (spidif for example) in the Axe to avoid this ??

Thank you.

Thanks Chris;
If I do that, it comes out clean, but I also disable processing on the guitar.
I push bypass:
The input mode 1> stereo> audio only on the right monitor.
Input mode 1> L + R Sum> ok

Last edited:
Thanks Bakerman, if there is no other way I will have to do it that way, although it was something I preferred to avoid, having to modify preset by preset ....
It would almost be better and simpler to separate them and use a second interface to obtain the 2 audios at a time.

There will be some other way of entry (spidif for example) in the Axe to avoid this ??

Thank you.
The Axe was not designed to have a processed guitar and separate unprocessed analog input. This is a rare use. That’s why you have the option to do it using the FX Loop block.

Most people do not use the Axe as a interface for a mic. To capture mic and guitar at the same time, most people do use a separate interface.

Back
Top Bottom