HELP - How to bypass FX using MIDI, really frustrated !!!

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Read the manual - read the Wiki, but cant find (or maybe understand) how to set the Axe up to bypass FX using Midi IA switches.

so - HOW ???

I understand I need to "learn" the CC (or program it manually) number the FX should react to. But, Which part of the menu should I be altering? Is it the Bypass Mode? Its the only thing relating to bypass I can find (but surly that will toggle HOW the FX is bypass not when?) if so its not working. I cant find a Bypass toggle/setting. When I go into the modifiers/control menu and press learn it doesnt react to my All Access.

I know The All Access is sending stuff cos the midi in light on the Axe flashes.

I have set the All Access so switches -5 are patches, and 6-15 are IAs. The lights on the All Access toggle on/off when the switches are pressed, and 1-5 change patches no problem. In the Midi setup page on the All Access, buttons 6-15 are set up as CC6 - CC15 respectivly.

As I understand it, all I should have to do now is tell "drive 1" to react to say CC6, "Delay 1" to CC7 etc.

However I cant seem to do this !!!

Where in the FX menu should I be looking, what should I be trying to control ? (bypass Mode, Level etc) and when Ive selected that how do I get it to react to the CC message !!!

Many thanks in advance.

Perfect !! - Why isnt the manual that clear, it is in most other things.

Another questions raises its head now. How do I store which FX I wont on and off when a patch is selected?

Im presuming I have to do this on the all Access rather than the Axe ?

Dont worry - sorted that too.

Last question (hopefuly). I have a Standard and want to use the unpopulated bank C for my user patches. How do I get the All Access to control Bank C rather than A - OR how do I move a whole bank from A to C (as the All Access will then control my patches that Ill put in bank A).

Cheers

First option in your question...
Axe-Fx Wiki - MIDI Bank Select

Second option in your question...
Either use the mapping feature (not available for Bank C) or you'll have to connect to a computer and do bank dumping and loading. There's no way to quickly/easily rearrange the banks on the Axe-Fx itself.

I'd recommend doing the computer thing and using the first 128 presets for your own patches.

Back
Top Bottom