Help!!! Horrible Clipping Distortion

Kawakami

I am getting a severe clipping from AXE-FX III all of a sudden. Also getting a horrible hum that is louder than the guitar playing signal. Not sure what could have caused it.

Below is a video with audio example for reference.

I am getting a severe clipping from AXE-FX III all of a sudden. Also getting a horrible hum that is louder than the guitar playing signal. Not sure what could have caused it.

Below is a video with audio example for reference.

Bad cable? How does it sound through headphones jack?

sounds like a bad cable, bad connection either to the guitar or into the Axe. or potentially a loose Input connection inside the axe.

if you are using the Front input, try the Rear Input 1 as a test (no need to change any settings). or the other way around if you are using the rear.

or you can try Input 3 physical jack, and change the block in the preset to Input 3. if we can isolate things, we can find the source of the issue.

LOL, that went south in a hurry!! :D

"Hey, awful stuff thread here, any ideas?"
(less than an hour goes by as common sense tips are offered)
"I'm gonna replace cables and factory reset."

Fingers crossed indeed...:cool:🤘 Good luck!

sounds like a bad cable, bad connection either to the guitar or into the Axe. or potentially a loose Input connection inside the axe.

if you are using the Front input, try the Rear Input 1 as a test (no need to change any settings). or the other way around if you are using the rear.

or you can try Input 3 physical jack, and change the block in the preset to Input 3. if we can isolate things, we can find the source of the issue.
Question, why input 3 and not input 2?

Back
Top Bottom