Help getting clearer rhythm tone

So I have a fairly decent rhythm tone going on my ultra but there's some things I'm still having issues with. The main thing that I feel the tone is missing is better chord definition. I use a lot of big chords in my playing and I need a tone that will really bring the chords to life without making every thing run together into a muddy mess. I've mucked around with the parametric eq quite a bit but to no avail. I'm kind of going for a haunted shores-esque tone. I'd really appreciate any and all help I can get :)

Attachments

• Chordy(2).syx
    2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
have you maybe tried mixing in a clean amp along with a dirty amp? I can't install axe edit on this cpu so I can't see how you have the patch set up. Other option is if you are running a pedal into a clean amp, you may be able to play with the 'mix' control in the pedal's menu's to allow a clean signal through. If not those two options...you could always just run a shunt to a parallel line so your straight guitar signal 'bypasses' the amp block too. Just a thought.

a simple solution might be to roll the guitars volume knob down for rhythm.
That should clean up the tone and give chords more definition/clarity.

^I tried doing both those and it still just sounds too muddy :( It kind of cleans up when I turn the bright switch off but when I do that the tone loses some power and it sounds muffled.

Back
Top Bottom