Help finding a Freq that's ringing out

JPS225

I've got a high freq that is ringing out. I've tried to locate it using the PEQ block but i'm not having any luck. It's on the edge of feedback and no pleasant. lol Any tips on ways to find this?

Peq is the way to go. Choose a peaking filter, set q and gain to the max and then sweep the filter frequency slowly. Its usually around 3kHz for my main guitar. When you find the nastiest frequency just turn the gain to minus 50% or similar. You can do this multiple times with different frequencies and have a pretty good result, but also check if youre not overdoing it.

I think I hear it at around the :14 second mark. Sounds like basic feedback to me. ¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯

Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you might have some sort of pinching or something going on in your nut or the bridge to have the string ring out like that. My guess is that the sound is there probably with any patch.

just wondering what guitar are you using here?

might be related to the nut, or strings ringing out behind the nut or if you've got a tune-a-matic below the saddles, it can sometimes even be pickup springs, tremolo/springs , those sorts of things

might be related to the nut, or strings ringing out behind the nut
This. Put your hand on the strings behind the nut and see if it is still there.
Also you can put the Looper block directly after the IN block, record your playing and listen to the playback to hear what happens.
Play with the volume of the guitar, the speaker, etc.

Last edited:
I'm playing an HSS Strat. Thats a good thought to check the nut, etc. that didn't cross my mind. I'll dig in there!

Back
Top Bottom