Help: External switch, 4 channel, for solo mode...

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
I made a wish for solo mode, many suggested to use CS. So I give it a try, but problems arise almost suddenly!
Actual scenario: I use scenes: 4 rythm (S1.4), 4 "solo/lead" versions (S5 is solo version of S1, and so on). Each rythm scene use a different amp channel.

I Have external FS on port 2 (1 is for exp for wha/volume)
I started with clean (S01), go to amp level modifier, set source port 2, set min/max as needed, than move to compression, bla bla bla... work well, I can activate a "solo sound".

Then move to S02. Sound was off. First thing I notice, amp level was already modified! Amp is different, channel is different... but the modifier was there!

How can I set a different min/max value modifier for each channel? There's some tricks?

Attached original preset without controller to use as reference, and messed up one with controller. FW is 6b2

Attachments

• FW6_02_Preset_SmilzAss_CS.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
  • FW6_02_Preset_SmilzAss_no_CS.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Haven't looked at your presets. But, different controller values per channel is not possible. My suggestion would be to do all of what makes your 'solo' modes outside of the Amp block.

Level, Gain, EQ, and Effect edits can all be done by attaching your controller to multiple parameters in other blocks that can globally affect your different amp channels/scenes. Including activating different instances for some blocks as needed to work with the different amp channels

Modifiers can be applied to ALL channels or any single channel.

It's a setting within the modifier.
That should work. I'll give a try and report back!
Haven't looked at your presets. But, different controller values per channel is not possible. My suggestion would be to do all of what makes your 'solo' modes outside of the Amp block.
I know something about Quantum and Schrodinger, but my brain refuse to think that different controller values per channel is not possible and different controller values per channel is possible!

Level, Gain, EQ, and Effect edits can all be done by attaching your controller to multiple parameters in other blocks that can globally affect your different amp channels/scenes. Including activating different instances for some blocks as needed to work with the different amp channels
I refuse, I much prefer to have double scenes tweaked!

If external switch work, I can halve the number of used scenes. With FM3 stompswitch shortage, that's a keeper!

I know something about Quantum and Schrodinger, but my brain refuse to think that different controller values per channel is not possible and different controller values per channel is possible!
But they're not... As mentioned above.

It would be great if there were channel dependent modifiers and it's been wished many times for many years... What we have now is better than what we used to have. Before this option modifiers always applied to all channels.

So I give a try. It does not do what I wish. I can set the modifier to affect only channel A, but in channel B the modifier is still there "bypassed", I can set the parameter as usual, but I can't link a different modifier (that's what I wish).

Yeah, I remember the modifier wish and discussion with Cliff now. It's useful if modifier is used once in a patch for parameter. Better than before, still halfway... :)I think the approach of solo mode wish is light, user friendly and add a function that actual modifier can't do.

But they're not... As mentioned above.

It would be great if there were channel dependent modifiers and it's been wished many times for many years... What we have now is better than what we used to have. Before this option modifiers always applied to all channels.
As I think ahead, the "solo mode" will help in this issue. The solo parameters are parameters like any other parameters in the axefx... so they should be modifiers-able: we could set a modifier to "base parameter", a modifier to "solo parameter". Baamm!
With no changes to the architecture of Fractal controller...

So what you're describing is almost like Scene Controllers + Control Switches.

If Scene Controllers allowed modifiers on them, you could use a Control Switch as a modifier to provide 2 alternate values for each Scene Controller... But they don't.

However, Scene Controllers have 4 channels (actually, all controllers do).

So, your Solo switch could simply toggle 2 channels of the Controller block (not really a block, but it has channels in any case).

You can use 1 channel of Scene Controllers to set the "base" value of parameters you want to change in solo mode and another channel to set the solo values.

It's a little bit complex AND you have to remember that all controllers are affected when you change blocks... But I think this could work.

So, your Solo switch could simply toggle 2 channels of the Controller block (not really a block, but it has channels in any case).

You can use 1 channel of Scene Controllers to set the "base" value of parameters you want to change in solo mode and another channel to set the solo values.
I should admit, I don't get it.
Like you said, it's complex.
I still think "variation of channel" will be the best way to go. Even in case some "cloudsome" way should be possible with actual CS/modifier/sysex... :)

Back
Top Bottom