Help - Effects Blocks Are ON!!! All of them.

JamesBWood

Inspired
Greetings,

Just received my new II XL and have been running through all the factory presets (awesome!!!). After coming up for air, I noticed upon my return that it seems as though all of the available effects blocks are now ON for each preset. If turn an effect block off (and save) in one preset it is off in all other presets using that block. What have I done? Global WHAT???

I can reload the presets - but I don't think that will solve the problem.

Suggestions???

TIA,

jbw

FW 15.07
FCB1010 EurekaProm2

This is with or without your FCB connected to the unit? Try changing patches without the FCB connected. Still happening?

This is with or without your FCB connected to the unit? Try changing patches without the FCB connected. Still happening?

Yup. That was it. Apparently an order of operations when using the FCB1010. Turn it on AFTER starting the Axe FX.

Thanks!!!

jbw

CRAP!!!!

It ain't over.

False false alarm. I really do have a problem with this unit and it's not the pedal.

After hours of programming / tweaking patches for both amp/speaker and FOH all of my patches lost their programming, bank a copied itself to bank b and I can NOT erase the patches in any bank using the empty bank sysex and Fractal-Bot. Fractal-Bot goes through the motions (takes a couple of minutes to download the file) tells me it was successful but my banks remain untouched.

All the effect blocks are ON. In all scenes. I've done all the diagnostics on this with only the Axe and my laptop connected. No pedals.

I reloaded the firmware and found a little improvement in the situation, but once I tried to erase the banks I found nothing had changed. I have rebooted everything. Attempted a factory reset (that looked like nothing happened). Tried erasing the bank fro the Utility menu (nothing changed).

I've already submitted a ticket to support but I don't know how long that may take.

Any quick fixes out there? I've got gigs to play and a very tired back and after waiting and saving for my Axe I could really use a magic bullet.

TIA,

jbw

bank a copied itself to bank b

I've never heard of this happening before.

Is there any way you can show us a video of "all effects are on" or just the problems in general?

I personally can't help much because I've never seen this problem so video would really help.

I'll be in my chat maybe in 30-60 minutes if you wanna discuss it more.

Update:

Fractal jumped right on this. I've already got an RMA# / shipping label and it goes out UPS tomorrow for repair. They think it's just some weird memory error that didn't show up in regular testing.

Chris by "all effect are on" I mean all effect blocks that are included in a patch are active - even if they were inactive for that scene. Kind of like scenes 2-8 on the factory patches, only scene 1 had all effect blocks active as well.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Cheers!

jbw

And...

Bad unit received today at Fractal. New unit SHIPPED today from Fractal. You guys ROCK!!! Now, what to do 'til next Tuesday???? :)

jbw

Back
Top Bottom