Help dialing in something

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I'm using the mark 4 and really loving the smooth fusiony lead sound I'm getting. One thing I'd like to do, but I'm not sure how to go about is make the lower register notes sound more pissed off. For example fast picked notes on the low e string with a touch of palm mute should have a bit of drama to them. It almost sounds a bit too polite as is, but I really like the compressed high notes. So anyway that's what I'm trying to do. Any thoughts? Maybe I just need to try a different amp model?

whats your patch look like? hard to suggest when we do not know what you are working with at the present.

Speaker selection would be my first choice but the mark 4 has some smooth overdrive. I had a mark 4 with a recto cab before my journey down the fractal road. I prefer the wrecker or dumble now

I've tried billions of ir's! I think I know my solution and have made a decision. I'm now on the XL + wait list. It seems like every time I try to really dial something in, the AX8 shortcomings stick it to me. So double amp should do it

I would still be interested to hear of other ways to do this if anyone has any ideas. I'll post my patch in progress when I get back to the computer

I'm on the XL+, but doesn't the AX8 have dynamic presence and dynamic depth? On the Amp block Dynamics page of the editor.

I like dynamic presence to get a little string snap going when I dig in.

Also, the crunchier amps automatically get rude. Something like the 5153 models.

I've played with the dynamic presence and character a bit. Does not seem to be what I'm looking for but likely I'm not great a dialing it in. I think maybe what I'm looking for is less compression on the lower notes. I'm wondering if tying a pitch modifier to the amp gain would help.

I've played with the dynamic presence and character a bit. Does not seem to be what I'm looking for but likely I'm not great a dialing it in. I think maybe what I'm looking for is less compression on the lower notes. I'm wondering if tying a pitch modifier to the amp gain would help.

Do you use the input gate?

Sometimes turning the input gate off and using a gate block after the amp block improves the palm mutes.

The input gate can change the pick transient before it hits the amp block.

My go to's are:
1. Amp block output comp at 0.5 type set to feedback (the rest defaults)
2. Preamp dynamics up between 1 and 2.
3. Transformer match down to around .7

Back
Top Bottom