Help copying a tone..

Invidious

Semi new still to the Ultra and I have been working to try and copy a tone but so far no luck. I was wondering if anyone could either build this tone for me or perhaps give me a good solid lead on how to go abouts doing so.

The lead tone starting at 2:16 is what I am after.

Well, the playing is of an advanced level...clean, with quick multi-tapping.

A high gain, thinner sounding patch would be needed. And some precise delay. Then, harmonized in the 2nd half of it. The Ultra has a harmonizer in the Pitch block. Best of luck to you, I hope can obtain it someday.

The playing isn't my worry, I can play the solo fine, the harmony also isnt a worry. Just getting that tone, it seems to cut so well while maintaining a place in the mix and not being over bearing.

And yes tom, Battle Beast is incredible!

The guitarist sent me info but I am not entirely sure how I would recreate it.

"If I remember correctly, the solos were recorded with sansamp psa1.1 preamp + ENGL 2x50W poweramp + mesaboogie rectifier 4x12 straight cabinet (with V30 elements) + shure sm57 mic (or maybe some sennheiser mic)."

Hrmmm.....

Unfortunately sansamp psa1.1 is an analog amp modeler and has many settings (not as many as Axe Fx). So that actually doesn't help much unless he tells you the settings he used on the sansamp.

Back
Top Bottom