Help connecting to computer

Colin Wight

apologies if this is a stupid newby question. I’ve just got my AX8 and from what ive heard by connecting it direct to my BX8 speakers its awesome. But i want to use it to record with. I’ve got the USB connected to my iMac and im running the Left out into a line 6 guitar port. I’ve set the Guitar port to 48, and I’ve got the guitar port set as my input and output device and the BX speakers are plugged into the guitar port. My Ax Edit is getting the guitar signal because the tuner works but I’m getting no sound. It’s probably something simple, but i just cant figure it out. Any ideas?

Hi Colin
Hey welcome to the Fractal world!
I'm no Axe8 expert but thought I'd chime in while the good advice is being typed by others. ;-)
You know the Axe8 is working, so it seems perhaps the gutarport may be a problem? Have you tried plugging the guitar directly into the guitarport to see if you get any sound that way? Also - the intermenet is full of advice for guitarport users such as 'Make sure the device is not plugged in when you install the drivers' etc ... brrr... I get a shiver remembnering my Line6 purchases :)

Anyway - See if you can ge the guitarport working with just your guitar - once thats a goer, you'll have a ball when you plug the Axe8 in! Have fun.

Oh by the way - there 'aint no 'stupid newby question'! it's all good here.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi Colin
Hey welcome to the Fractal world!
I'm no Axe8 expert but thought I'd chime in while the good advice is being typed by others. ;-)
You know the Axe8 is working, so it seems perhaps the gutarport may be a problem? Have you tried plugging the guitar directly into the guitarport to see if you get any sound that way? Also - the intermenet is full of advice for guitarport users such as 'Make sure the device is not plugged in when you install the drivers' etc ... brrr... I get a shiver remembnering my Line6 purchases :)

Anyway - See if you can ge the guitarport working with just your guitar - once thats a goer, you'll have a ball when you plug the Axe8 in! Have fun.

Oh by the way - there 'aint no 'stupid newby question'! it's all good here.
Thanks
Pauly

Thanks for that. The guitarport is working fine when I use it with the guitar plugged directly in and I use Bias Fx on the computer or Podfarm....i think it might need a new interface the Focusrite ones look look because I think they have an SPDIF input.

I love this AX8. What's really impressive is how natural it reacts when I dial back the volume on the guitar and how different all the pickups positions sound.

Hi again,
so.... You have the axe8 working in your BX8, while it's working, unplug the lead from the BX8, and stick it where you just had the guitar plugged in (and working) in the guitar port? Should work...?
Thanks
Pauly

Welcome, maybe you'll have to load a blank preset in Guitar Port or check its settings for monitoring being off, not sure. Would be best to look into a new interface, lots of good ones for not a lot of money.

I have a Mac mini, and bought a used Presonus Fire Studio cheap from Guitar Center, works great, also my Line6 UX2 works fine with the AX8

Back
Top Bottom