Help!!! Can't remove ethercon cable

yeah the company that i bought the cable from used ends with the plastic tabs left on them. Did not notice till it was too late. I was able do dissemble the connector and remove it with little damage to the Ethercon jack. I just had to use way more force than i was comfortable with. I was able to salvage everything and break the tabs off of both ends of the cable. Everything is working as it should with the exception of a roughed up Ethercon jack.

Anyway if you don't buy from Best-Tronics (I did not) -- check your connectors to make sure that the plastic tabs are not present.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a standard Ethernet cable with the plastic tab and molded ends. It was a bear to get out. If I ever play out I will probably switch to proper Ethercon connectors.

yeah the company that i bought the cable from used ends with the plastic tabs left on them. Did not notice till it was too late. I was able do dissemble the connector and remove it with little damage to the Ethercon jack. I just had to use way more force than i was comfortable with. I was able to salvage everything and break the tabs off of both ends of the cable. Everything is working as it should with the exception of a roughed up Ethercon jack.

Anyway if you don't buy from Best-Tronics (I did not) -- check your connectors to make sure that the plastic tabs are not present.

Sorry for the necro bump, but I had this same issue. It was a pain, and I was afraid I was going to break something if I tried pulling too hard to get it out. I finally figured out how to take it apart so I could remove it and then broke the tabs off. Pain in the neck.

Back
Top Bottom