HELP!! AxeFxII doesn't boot anymore - SOLVED

rioda76

Hello everybody

Last night, during rehearsal, the electrical system of the studio jumped ... they were doing some job in another room or something else ...
I switched off the unit and the power conditioner.

After the power went back, the axefxII never turned on, furthermore the supply to the unit is provided by a Furman power conditioner in the rack, which should also be a protection for the voltage surges, but it does not seem to have protected anything.

I've read in the forum and in the wiki there is a fuse in the internal power supply, i think that is the cause.
Or rather, i hope so.
I've also read about asking Fractal for an emergency EPROM ...

Did it ever happen to any of you?
Do you have any idea how to get to that fuse without damaging the unit?

FractalAudio
AdministratorFractal Audio SystemsModerator

@FractalAudio,

What exactly do I check on the fuse? Is there something i'm supposed to be looking for? How do I get about this issue?

Would appreciate any advise.

@paranoid,

Yep! praying hard now! :(
The power supply has an on-board fuse. If you are not comfortable with electronic servicing you should refer servicing to qualified personnel. Do not open the chassis without disconnecting the power cord. FAS is not responsible for any damage or injuries sustained during servicing. Blah, blah, etc., stuff that the lawyers make me say.

See this post

Damn man that sucks! Always plug rig into a power strip with surge protector built in regardless of any "conditioners"! 20 bucks at Walmart.

Damn man that sucks! Always plug rig into a power strip with surge protector built in regardless of any "conditioners"! 20 bucks at Walmart.
I've had numerous people tell me there's not much difference between these and the lower end Furman stuff. I always wanted to open up one of the Furman units and see if that's true.

I've had numerous people tell me there's not much difference between these and the lower end Furman stuff. I always wanted to open up one of the Furman units and see if that's true.
Most ppl don't know what the f they're talking about anyway. Everything should go to a surge protector strip regardless of what furman guff is in the rack. My machine luckily survived about four surges in about 6 seconds, scared the shit out of me before I realized oh shit I need to power off!

Almost all of that Furman stuff is pretty much useless. People buy it thinking that it is doing one thing but unfortunately it just doesn't. It doesn't "monitor power", it doesn't "condition power", it doesn't "regulate power", and as we see here, it cant even protect your gear as well as a cheap extension cord.

Hello everybody, problem solved!!!
Sent my unit to the tech support guys at G66, in Germany... they are really awesome!
In ten days my AxeFxII has traveled from Milan to Frensburg, it has been repaired (they changed the power supply) and they also solved 2 other problems i reported, and finally yesterday it was back again - like new!!

Really great guys, Diego helped me so much, and what a first-class support service ;)

Back
Top Bottom