Help Axe Fx III doesn't make any sound and everytime I turn it on, the edited light is on.

Something's gone terribly wrong. I have my Axe Fx III connected via SPDIF to my Scarlett 18i8. That's how I typically run things and my it's been working just fine but now I don't have any sound and I have no idea why.

It was Focusrite Control Center. Axe Fx III is working fine, but now I have this thing where if I scroll through every preset the EDITED light is on. I haven't even touched it. I just updated to 11.01 to see if that would fix it, but no..

It was Focusrite Control Center. Axe Fx III is working fine, but now I have this thing where if I scroll through every preset the EDITED light is on. I haven't even touched it. I just updated to 11.01 to see if that would fix it, but no..
i wouldn't worry about the edited light. it could be an expression pedal, or maybe a different Scene is loading than what is saved. i don't remember the exact list of those types of things, but it shouldn't be anything major that is actually changed.

You can confirm that it's from the Firmware update though? Did the Firmware update edit all of the original presets in some way?
if you experienced this only in Firmware 11, there is a Global menu option that is introduced. check the release notes or the FW 11 thread for details on that (i don't remember the specifics, or i'd tell you).

again, if it's ONLY been Firmware 11 or 11.01, then it's probably this new parameter with the Global menu option. i'm not sure, and again don't think it's cause for major concern. of course, figuring it out would be good.

Firmware 11 Release Notes:
"11.00
Amp block now uses new high-order speaker impedance modeling. 52 speaker impedance models (and two LB-2 models) are included and can be selected using the Speaker Impedance Curve parameter (on the Advanced page). Selecting an amp model will load an appropriate default Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model. The Cabinet Resonance parameter can be used to adjust the amount of cabinet resonance in the impedance curve. NOTE: The 2x12 Bassguy, 2x12 Jazz 120, 4x10 Brit JM45 and 4x12 Hipower data is incomplete and will be updated in a future release.

Setting Global “Update Pre-11.x Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" parameter to YES will automatically update the Speaker Impedance Curve for the Amp blocks upon preset recall to use an appropriate Speaker Impedance Curve for that amp model. Setting the parameter to NO will leave existing presets unaffected. NOTE: Setting this to YES will also cause the EDITED LED to light indicating the preset has been modified."

The EDITED light is on because the preset was loaded with the new Speaker Impedance Curve which is different than the one the preset was originally saved with.

I have the same issue with the edit light and it's due to the fact that I added a few quick access controls to one preset. I noticed the same thing as soon as I did that.

I have the same issue with the edit light and it's due to the fact that I added a few quick access controls to one preset. I noticed the same thing as soon as I did that.
Are you sure it's not from what's mentioned in the post prior to yours?

Adding controls should not cause that.

Back
Top Bottom