HELP! Again..

gunforhire

So Im sitting in my hotel room trying to get MY Axefx 2 on Quantum 1.01 to send power to the bands MFCIII.. itd not powering up and it says on the trouble shooting guide to set the MFC Port on the Axefx to Ethercon... But theres no I/O: Midi - MFC Port to select????
Please anyone help if you can. Im having to sort out the bands gear today as they haven't done it themselves, and its my only afternoon off till November 3.. :( IMG_8260.jpg

The MFC quick start says on " AXEFX- ANY" set MFC port to Ethernet and now in the Axefx Manual it says the MFC port control is only on the XL..? so Im completely confused now.. even the manuals contradict each other.. arghh :/

The Ethercon/FASlink parameter is only on the XL.

No particular settings are needed for the Mark 1 Axe-FX to power the MFC. Did you use a CAT-5 cable verified to work with one of the Axe-FX XLs? Did you buy this Axe-FX new? Have you ever used the MFC port on it before?

One possibility is a damaged MFC port/power supply. This could happen on non-XL (or maybe just Mark 1) units if something like a USB cable was accidentally placed in the MFC port, shorting the power pins.

I got it going with MIDI and bought a 9v AC adapter., each program change tho its really slow to change and has a staggered sound as it clicks into the preset, but its good enough for a backup in an emergency
. thanks forum for the help

Back
Top Bottom