Help a newb install firmware PLEASE!!

hogan

Here's my deal
Laptop running XP going to a m-audio 2x2 anniversary going to Axefx ultra. I've loaded the firmware sysex into midi-ox and tried to send, nothing happens. Do i need to sync up computer to the 2x2? Does the editor need to be involved in this process?Is there a step by step tutorial anywhere? The instructions in the firmware readme text indicate that this is a plug and play procedure, not so much for me at least. I need this explained to me like you were giving directions to elderly tourists. Please help, and thanks in advance. ~MJH

I'll give it a shot, I'm somewhat new to midi as well , but have found it to be a easy process provided the answer to the following questions is yes.

1. Do you have a copy of the latest editor. ( I only use the editor to update firm ware so I haven't had any issues with it)
2. Have you been able to sync the computer, the 2x2 midi interface with the Axe Fx and latest version of the editor?

If the answer is yes, then with the editor open and the computer and axe fx talking to one another press the I/O button and scroll to the right until you see the firmware screen on the axe fx. Now in the editor in the setting tab select update firmware. Make sure that you have downloaded the latest firmware and that you know where where the file is. In the editor select that file and open it, but don't send it just yet. When you see the screen that ask you if you want to send it don't send it till you press enter on the axe fx and see the screen that tells you that it is waiting for the file to be sent. Then on your computer click send. You will then see a progress screen on both the computer and the axe fx. Wait till it completes and reboots itself DO NOT power it down during this process. It should update with no problems and reboot itself (the axe fx) after it has updated. You can then check the firmware on the Axe Fx and it should show you the correct firmware. Hope this helps. As a nubie myself, I hope I haven't left something out, but it really is fairly simple.

Back
Top Bottom