Help! ~10db drop on All patches.

crg123

Experienced
Hey everyone. I was jamming and opened up Guitar pro 6 (axe attached to the computer while using Axe edit). When I went to play the file it changed my patch which was weird. Then I noticed all the levels of my patches had dropped significantly. Around 10db according to the VU meter. I had all my patches set to around 0 db using that (not really 0db, what ever the VU calls 0)

Does anyone know if there's any way other than going through each patch to reverse this? I have no idea what happened. It didn't change my input, global gain, or anything I can tell.

I'm using an Axe FX XL with Quantum 1.01 into Axe edit on Mac El Capitan. MFC was attached at the moment this happened.

None of my patches sound like they did before now even when i turn up the output level knob to match the former volume. I have to go into the global gain and crank it to like +6 db for it to sound sort of normal. I'd like to figure out what happened so i can reverse it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:
GP6 probably sent CC messages to the Axe-FX. CC#10 and CC#11 are usually pan and expression on MIDI synth gear, but they're input volume and Output 1 volume by default on the Axe-FX.

See if you can disable the Axe-FX as a MIDI output device in GP6 preferences. Then switch the Axe-FX off and on. If you don't use any pedals/switches on input/output volume you could also set those to "none" on the Axe-FX, but it's better to prevent software from sending unwanted commands if possible.

LOL. Yea turned the axe on and off helped. Nearly blew my ear drum off when I rebooted it (the global was pushed up +8db)

Can't believe i didnt do that before asking here.... Thanks. Wierd the volume drop didn't show up in any of the settings. Sounds amazing again.

Back
Top Bottom