Hellwig Ampmodel on the way?

LeBigMac

Inspired
Hi guys, just saw this on YouTube:

What a player and what a tone! Specially at the end. Those chugs man! Really mean.
Wondering if it’s a Hellwin Model or just one of the current ones.
Want that tone

He’s improved since I saw him do a rather bad lick lesson for some guitar magazine back in the day...
Never mind the fingers, the tone is in the IR :)

How are they? Seem kinda $$$$
They’re good!

A few of them I wouldn’t bother with (ie. Bogner cab) because fractal already has free Bogner cabs.

The iso cab is fantastic - definitely my favourite IR. I highly recommend getting it. Love it.

The Stage is a tone match, so that’s kind of cool (sort of preset-ish I guess).

The Hellwin cabs sound great, and it’s been really interesting using them and realizing how much of his Hail to the King and The Stage tone actually came from the cab and not the head.

They’re good!

A few of them I wouldn’t bother with (ie. Bogner cab) because fractal already has free Bogner cabs.

The iso cab is fantastic - definitely my favourite IR. I highly recommend getting it. Love it.

The Stage is a tone match, so that’s kind of cool (sort of preset-ish I guess).

The Hellwin cabs sound great, and it’s been really interesting using them and realizing how much of his Hail to the King and The Stage tone actually came from the cab and not the head.
As a guiding principle, and as Cliff has said many times here, the higher the gain, the more the discernable tonal differences between heads really just come down to the cab choice.

Looks like the preset is no longer up. I believe it was available for a bit after our sessions. Good to hear people are digging the IRs. We put a lot of time into making them usable.

Just an update, I decided to buy the Syn Bogner cab pack and it’s fantastic. Personally, I like them a lot more than the factory Bogner cabs.

As a guiding principle, and as Cliff has said many times here, the higher the gain, the more the discernable tonal differences between heads really just come down to the cab choice.

Looks like the preset is no longer up. I believe it was available for a bit after our sessions. Good to hear people are digging the IRs. We put a lot of time into making them usable.
@Cooper Carter thanks for all your work.

For The Stage album tone match you guys did, do you know what exactly it’s a match of (ie. the dirty rhythm track, his lead tone, or maybe his clean, a mix of all of them)? His webpage just says it’s from Album stems.

Also, do you recall if you folks used a particular speaker impedance curve?

Back
Top Bottom