Hello!

Dude, wtf! You're packing tons of guitars! Id recommend to try working with just a couple guitars on the Axe and start tayloring your sounds. Otherwise you'll be constantly changing guitars, and it'll be harder to tweak and be happy with your sounds, and make them useful. Maybe one of the Strats and one of the Superstrats, either ibanez or charvel.
Then when you master some tones and how to create patches for different purposes, start switching guitars, and make presets specially for certain guitars.
I started on my Esp, from high gain to clean patches, dual setups for piezo and magnetic. After a while I grabbed the Ltd Deluxe, which is tuned to D, and started adapting and making changes to presets I made, and saving them as specific patches for specific guitars, same with the Schecter 7 string. Then I grabbed my Jeff Beck Strat, and started doing different things, with this one though I made very specific presets, and I also increase the instrument input for this guitar, since sngle coils dont have the same output as my humbucker equipped guitars. As you can see, the mo'guitars, the mo'work. But in the end it pays up. Nowadays my main guitars are the ESP, the Strat and my Vigier Excalibur.
Try to keep it simple, and then you willbe able to explore your different guitars, and see how woods, pickups and everything interacts and translates with the AxeFx2.

Good luck and welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Hey man, thanks for the response, been using the Jem and Tele on this thing. I shoud be in bed. BUT I CAN"T LEAVE this thing man.

There's little need to worry too much about setting input level. The factory setting will sound great on any guitar.

To avoid the "overwhelming" factor mentioned above, starting out, keep it simple. For the first couple days, just to get your feet wet, treat the Axe like you would an amp: don't try to do anything on it that you wouldn't do on a tube amplifier (unless of course you're someone who messes with the guts of tube amps, biasing, modding, etc.). Then when you're accustomed to things, dive into the more advanced parameters if that strikes your fancy. Plenty of great tones be had while keeping it simple, though! I highly recommend going through as many of the factory presets as you can to get a full idea of what the Axe is capable of.

AMEN. I Got it yesterday and spend hours with it. Love every single pre set i came across and didn't make it past 25. I just can't get over how things thing makes a basement guitar player sound like a studio player. The hours flew by. I wanted to download the Axe software but read here to wait for the current version. So thats what I'll do.
Would like to be able to record some licks and store them on my PC. Or some grooves or whatever. But havn't the slightest clue how to do that. I'll have to explore. Would rather PLAY but I know I have to learn this thing.

View attachment 14989

AMEN. I Got it yesterday and spend hours with it. Love every single pre set i came across and didn't make it past 25. I just can't get over how things thing makes a basement guitar player sound like a studio player. The hours flew by. I wanted to download the Axe software but read here to wait for the current version. So thats what I'll do.
Would like to be able to record some licks and store them on my PC. Or some grooves or whatever. But havn't the slightest clue how to do that. I'll have to explore. Would rather PLAY but I know I have to learn this thing.

View attachment 14989

Download REAPER: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=BxEolmEPKxN55FAIVuZt5w&bvm=bv.42452523,d.b2I

and the Axe-Fx USB driver. Plug in the USB to the Axe/computer. Set the Axe-Fx as your ASIO audio device under Preferences in REAPER. Add a new track, set input to Stereo 0+1. Arm the track for recording. Record away.

Good Times with My Axe Fx 2. Very Happy Owner. Not trying to learn everything in a week. Messing with tone match. The first TM i tried was Andy TImmons. I copied it right from itunes on an imac. Don't think it worked very Well. Do these tracks have to be Naked? Not sure if this was mentioned . If it was i apologize. Vai is coming out with the whole Story of light Cd with naked tracks. If this is so, I guess I can copy Gravity Storms tone.

For now Im just having a ball with 6, 24, and 247......Oh and 183...stereo tape delay. I figured out how to modify and save a preset which is cool. Just need to spend more time with tone match.

ANyone know of a preset that features a Vai Legacy?

Back
Top Bottom