Hello, WOW! Just WOW!!

No doubt, my AX8/XiTone rig has been a game-changer for me. So organic sounding yet with a cornucopia of digital tools. The amazing thing is, this magic box keeps getting better with every firmware update.

Fractal is an amazing company that really listens to their users. The folks on this forum are great folks too, always willing to help (without judging us newbies).

Welcome to aural utopia!

A little different comment here:

I’m giving props to the GSP1101 when the OP said he was using this in his first post on this thread. Brought back memories (and good ones!).

Although I tried it as an amp sim device never really cared for it, then got the Axe Fx Standard. And well-- you know as far as modeling it was like comparing a match to an Atomic Reactor.

BUT !!!!

Things I loved about the GSP1101.

As far as programming effects it was somewhere between a stomp box and a full blown processor. Basically the effects were meat and potatoes with that little extra control. The quality of the effects was great!

It is a 4 cable device and did this really well (I used a Mesa Mark IV)

Although the drives that the GSP1101 have, are probably not text book perfect, I though they sounded pretty close to the real thing and they sounded great going into my Mark IV, no matter how well they may have been modeled. (very useful)

The GSP1101 also had a pretty good editor.

Yeah the Axe Fx soon took over from my GSP1101, mainly because I am a tweaker. But still a great unit as far as sound and effects quality.

John

I still have my old GSP-2101 dual S-disk processor. I used to love that thing. I should dig it out and hook it up with my old IPS 33B harmonizer and see how they stack up now!:cool:

No doubt, my AX8/XiTone rig has been a game-changer for me. So organic sounding yet with a cornucopia of digital tools. The amazing thing is, this magic box keeps getting better with every firmware update.

Fractal is an amazing company that really listens to their users. The folks on this forum are great folks too, always willing to help (without judging us newbies).

Welcome to aural utopia!
Just messing with the stock presets has me thinking in different ways already.
Also being able to route effects in and around rather than straight through is pretty cool.
Now I can put Mod effects before and or after a drive to gain certain tonal twists in the overall sound .
I find that very compelling and in need of further tinkering.

I’m giving props to the GSP1101 when the OP said he was using this in his first post on this thread. Brought back memories (and good ones!).

Although I tried it as an amp sim device never really cared for it, then got the Axe Fx Standard. And well-- you know as far as modeling it was like comparing a match to an Atomic Reactor.

BUT !!!!

As far as programming effects it was somewhere between a stomp box and a full blown processor. Basically the effects were meat and potatoes with that little extra control. The quality of the effects was great!

Although the drives that the GSP1101 have, are probably not text book perfect, I though they sounded pretty close to the real thing and they sounded great going into my Mark IV, no matter how well they may have been modeled. (very useful)

Yeah the Axe Fx soon took over from my GSP1101, mainly because I am a tweaker. But still a great unit as far as sound and effects quality.

Sigh...I remember when I first got my AX8.
I was so young...so naive...so ready!
Now I'm a grizzled ol' veteran.
Still sounds fantastic!:D

BUT !!!!

John
I will have sellers remorse when it goes..
It was rock solid for many years. Definitely it has paid for itself a few times over.
Some of its features were very easy to use live and this made it pretty valuable for what I do.

Just messing with the stock presets has me thinking in different ways already.
Also being able to route effects in and around rather than straight through is pretty cool.
Now I can put Mod effects before and or after a drive to gain certain tonal twists in the overall sound .
I find that very compelling and in need of further tinkering.
Yeh, better let your family know you won't be around much, YOU'LL BE TWEAKING! They'll appreciate the forewarning so they can start organizing your intervention.

Back
Top Bottom