Hectic Watermelon Preset No. 1 with Steve Morse example clip

http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/hec ... -Simon.mp3

Here's a quick test clip of a Steve Morse tune, Simple Simon, that shows a range of humbucker tones of this preset, Hectic Corn Melon. It' s on the AxeExchange if you wanna check it out with your setup.

HecticCornMelon 1 Preset on Axechange

http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=893\

Notes:

This patch needs pedals plugged into EXP 1 and 2 to take full advantage of the control features. This is a chewy medium gain Cornford sound that works great on PAF type humbuckers in all positions as well as single coils. It morphs between rhythm and lead settings while keeping a unified and organic vibe.

EXP 1
controls two parameters - amp gain and send to a stereo ducked delay delay witha touch of mod and set to dotted quarter tap tempo.

EXP 2 adds a very small amount of OD Drive pedal up front that compresses and cuts the low end just a hair and adds a little cut to the top when a slightly more aggressive thing is needed.

I use this one live straight to FOH with single coils and humbuckers on the Hectic Watermelon tune "Bionic Hillbilly;" and with humuckers on, "Steve's Stunt Double," and "Bullets, Dice and 30 Megabytes." I also use it when we cover the Dregs classic, "Cruise Control."

Lastly, I created this preset in conjunction with a mix if drums and bass from the original Pro Tools sessions from the HWM album, The Great American Road Trip in a control room setting. I muted Jerry Goodman's violin, and all rhythm guitars and keys to make sure the preset works well in a lean trio mix. It has lots of mids and a nice balance of punchiness and sustain.

Re: Hectic Watermelon Preset No. 1 - HecticCornMelon 1

Ohhhhh so VERY cool ....! Warm & biting at the same time.

But, I do have a quick question .... Have you adjusted your "Global" settings at all ? I just auditioned your patch and I've got all the warmth, but none of the bite ?

I had the same "problem" with Dweezil's patches too.

So, I'm beginning to think it's my guitar !?! It's an odd combination of wood .... Mahogany / Maple with a Maple neck. I love how it plays, but ....

Anyway, thanks again for sharing !

R.D. said:
Ohhhhh so VERY cool ....! Warm & biting at the same time.

But, I do have a quick question .... Have you adjusted your "Global" settings at all ? I just auditioned your patch and I've got all the warmth, but none of the bite ?

I had the same "problem" with Dweezil's patches too.

So, I'm beginning to think it's my guitar !?! It's an odd combination of wood .... Mahogany / Maple with a Maple neck. I love how it plays, but ....

Anyway, thanks again for sharing !

Thanks for checking it out. My globals are set to unity so maybe your input is a little low on the front? I assume you are going into a full range system vice a power amp/cab.

John,
I'm really digging your patch! cleans up nice when rolling the volume knob back too. It sounds really good with my MM Axis in all positions.

Now if I can just work on those chops!!

Look forward for some more ;)

Thanks!!

John Czajkowski said:
Thanks for checking it out. My globals are set to unity so maybe your input is a little low on the front? I assume you are going into a full range system vice a power amp/cab.

Yeah, I'm running right out of the Axe into a "old" Rocktron G612 single space mixer and then directly into my KRK V8's.

I'll double check my input level but I think I'm lighting all the lights ( even pegging the Red now and then ), the knob is at approximately 2 O'clock.

I still think it's just my guitar .... John Suhr ( and Ed Yoon ) have been saying for months that the combination of a Mahogany Body w/a Maple Neck isn't a combination of woods that they would build. I'm guessing that has A LOT to do with it !

THANKS AGAIN ....

Cool !
That sounded great , very alike Steve´s sound in many ways.
Nice playing . I´m gonna download and try . If my editor will let
me .............(Have some problems comunicating in that direction with the mac).
Thank´s .

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom