Heavy Patches - Mid Range

LJHood

I need a little help. I play in an 80's cover band and use a main heavy rhythm patch (Das Metal) with my PRS McCarty. Our band consists of one electric guitar, bass, drums and keys plays those cheesy 80's parts.

The problem I'm having is that the keys take up a lot of the sonic territory and frequencies. I need my guitar to cut more without sound shrill, thin or tinny. I need it to cut but still maintain balls. Where do you guys find the sweet spot for setting your mid-range to cut but yet sound ballsy? FYI, I already use the following: Bass 5, Middle 6, Treble 6, Presence 1 with a 2db boost at 500HZ and 4khz.

My keyboard player is cool and is also working to help cut some space out for me but I still want to EQ my patches right. Any help would be appreciated.

LJ, I too am in an 80's cover band (at the gig now actually) and use Das Metal in my main dirty tone. I can share that with you if you'd like and see if you fare any better. You'll need the ownHammer beta cabs do get those from the link in the thread in the IR section.

What is the name of your band? Website I can check out?

Using the TS808 mod, set mids to 1000hz and add anywhere from .3 to 1db. If it gets muddy go -.3db on the bass of the drive block.

In any high gain patch, I don't go above 3 in the bass, while also going no lower than 150 (though my favored patches are at 200) in the cab block low cut. Taking some lows out might help a bit.

Back
Top Bottom