Heavy Diezel patch to share...

fatandugly

Experienced
Hello all. Here's my take on a heavy Diezel patch that I downloaded from here and tweaked. it's become my main wanking patch and sounds pretty enormous through a pair of K12's. here's an example of the tone I'm getting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEc-3FZobcI

Although the vid is with Blackouts it sounds great through passives as well. It's FRFR and the slot #6 cab is an ubercab v30 r121 Cap .5" (or maybe 1"...I forget) combined with a stock cab. I've altered the delay a little from the vid so tweak to your own satisfaction.

hope someone else can use and improve.

Chuck

fatandugly said:
Hello all. Here's my take on a heavy Diezel patch that I downloaded from here and tweaked. it's become my main wanking patch and sounds pretty enormous through a pair of K12's. here's an example of the tone I'm getting:

Although the vid is with Blackouts it sounds great through passives as well. It's FRFR and the slot #6 cab is an ubercab v30 r121 Cap .5" (or maybe 1"...I forget) combined with a stock cab. I've altered the delay a little from the vid so tweak to your own satisfaction.

Chuck

video sounds great! thanks for sharing!! I'll give it a try soon

animal said:
fatandugly said:

Chuck

video sounds great! thanks for sharing!! I'll give it a try soon
+1

Damn, that sounds really good. Maybe a little too scooped for my taste, but good nonetheless. With the exception of Mark Day's, that's probably the best recorded heavy tone I've heard from the Axe. You both have me GAS'in for some Seymour Duncan Blackouts now. :D

Thats a great balanced tone...what P/Ups are in your guitar..I need to change the V-8s in my Ibanez Prestige and those of yours sounded very well rounded...Thanks

is this preset only for Ultra?
just load to my Axe-fs standant by Axe-Edit and axe-fx blinks "EXCESS CPU USAGE! REDUCE LOAD."
here is the screen from axe-edit
is it normal?

fail.jpg

I would have a look at some of the settings on the multi-delay in Axe Edit. If it's "Ten Tap", "Rhythm Tap", or "Diffusor", those are Ultra only effects. Other than that, you might just be over proc power of the standard. Take out some of the blocks that are bypassed and you should be fine.

Sidivan said:
I would have a look at some of the settings on the multi-delay in Axe Edit. If it's "Ten Tap", "Rhythm Tap", or "Diffusor", those are Ultra only effects. Other than that, you might just be over proc power of the standard. Take out some of the blocks that are bypassed and you should be fine.

so, other than that my screen is ok? I mean blocks/settings/wires are the same and empty slots just couse they ultra only?

shredi knight said:
Damn, that sounds really good. Maybe a little too scooped for my taste, but good nonetheless. With the exception of Mark Day's, that's probably the best recorded heavy tone I've heard from the Axe. You both have me GAS'in for some Seymour Duncan Blackouts now. :D

Thanks Shredi. I really dig Mark's tone so that's a great compliment. it works great with all my passives as well but the blackouts really boost it into another realm. I'm not really a metal guy so the blackouts are a little different as it's balls to the wall all the time with those. For heavy stuff these p/u's work great, but I see them as being a 1 trick pony...really only good for this type of thing...at least for me. I have the emg mid boost in there as well so that adds even more juice.

axe-fx-std said:
Sidivan said:

so, other than that my screen is ok? I mean blocks/settings/wires are the same and empty slots just couse they ultra only?

It's a quad tap. try dumping it and adding your own delay and see if that helps? You can also remove anything that was bypassed when you loaded the patch as i posted it almost exactly as it was used in the video (except for a delay time/mix edit). I'm not familiar w/ the standard so I'm not sure what would cause it to not be compatible.

fatandugly said:
axe-fx-std said:
Sidivan said:

It's a quad tap. try dumping it and adding your own delay and see if that helps? You can also remove anything that was bypassed when you loaded the patch as i posted it almost exactly as it was used in the video (except for a delay time/mix edit). I'm not familiar w/ the standard so I'm not sure what would cause it to not be compatible.

quad tap is ultra only.......just delete all the bypassed effects....clean up the screen space a little..!!! then jumper everything together.

THANK YOU !! I hoped to get that preset after hearing it on youtube a while back...

Can't wait to try this one out in the studio !!

Back
Top Bottom