Heavy baritone song.

billschultz

Hey guys, a buddy and I have been doing some writing lately and I thought I would share one of our ideas. All guitars and bass are recorded with Axe-Fx. All the cabs are from the various ML Sound Lab packs. Cab pack 11, 13 and 19 are represented here. Drums were programmed using Steven Slate Drums using the Terry Date expansion pack. I am by no means an engineer at all, so I would love any advice or criticism on the mix. Thanks!

Listening to this on laptop speakers the guitar tone sounds really nice to me :)

I'm real crap at getting any sort of good drum sounds, but I will say these drums do not sound too great. I don't have any tips on how to get good mixed sounding drums, but I do think some humanizing tricks would help out here a lot.

that bass tone is very loud/bass heavy, its drowning out your mix rather than gluing everything together. Ill also second nat and suggest you look up how to humanize programmed drums (misha from periphery has a video on it if youre into them at all!). ill see if i can find a thread that was going on not too long ago where someone was also asking for mix advice that would definitely apply here and give you a nice start point
edit: here it is! http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...cp19-all-the-tones-are-from-axe-fx-ii.108697/

I agree with the others that the bass tone is overbearing.

That said, the guitar-riffs sound great - really like the "trem-effected" guitar sound @ 1:35 !

Keep working on the mix - the ideas are there, just needs a bit more work on the mix. I look forward to hearing the end result so please post again!

Back
Top Bottom