hearing a sort of "stiffness" or "hardness" in FM9 tones

hobbes1

Inspired
I've noticed this more since updating to latest firmware/beta. Curious what anyone else does to compensate for this. Looking around the wiki/manual it seems there are some Bias and Bias Excursion options that can be tweaked. The explanations are somewhat tedious to read through for what each does and some seem to date from the AxeFx II days.
I've noticed this with the Morgan, Matchless, JTM45, Deluxe Trem amps (all that I've been using lately). I am using various onboard IRs for these, some Legacy and some in the newer factory bank 1 or 2. Using an Atomic CLR Neo Mk2 for monitoring and sometimes Sennheiser HD280 Pro phones. I tend to use Reverb sparingly and typically in parallel to the main pathway. I'm not new to modelers (POD HD500 then Helix) or Fractal (used to own AX8 and FM3). Guitars are passive (LP, Super Strat style, Gretsch Annie 6117, Ibanez 335 clone). I have recently switched from G50 wireless back to a cable and I have not (yet) checked that there isn't something there but if anything, I'd expect the cable to be kinder to the tone than the wireless.

Any constructive thoughts or suggestions welcome. Thoughts on parameters that adjusting might help in this scenario? Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Looks like these were the changes for the amp block.
  • Improved Amp block cathode follower algorithm. Algorithm now uses higher order solution of nonlinear ODE for more accurate low frequency response.
  • Improved Amp block power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models dynamic changes in speaker impedance resulting in more “complexity”.
Maybe try turning up Cathode resistance in amp block under the Power Amp page. Turning it up will yield a little softer feel, doesn't take much.

Back
Top Bottom