HeadRush or RedSound FRFR?

Has anybody compared the headrush 8 inch FRFR to the RedSound FRFR 8 inch side by side?
Thanks!
I had the Headrush 112 at the same time I had the ELIS.8 pair and quickly sold the 112s. The ELIS.8 had a really musical sound that complimented the guitar and they could get seriously loud which totally belies their small size.

The Headrush need EQing to be flat; I think they’re abusing the FRFR moniker. The ELIS.8 are tuned for the guitar’s frequency response and are probably better described as guitar-range, “GRFR”, and sounded great with my presets without a change.

I eventually sold my pair of ELIS.8 because they were hard to hear on a small stage with a loud band when I had to stand a foot in front of them. The dispersion, while it’s good, wasn’t wide enough for my use but I’m 6’1” so I think my ears were too high for that distance. I use a pair of the EV PXM-12MP now because they fire upwards at a greater angle, but wish I kept the ELIS.8 for home use because they’re small enough I could fit them into my room, or for when I have a bit more room on stage.

The ELIS.8 is about 3x the price and I think they’re worth the difference.

I had the Headrush 112 at the same time I had the ELIS.8 pair and quickly sold the 112s. The ELIS.8 had a really musical sound that complimented the guitar and they could get seriously loud which totally belies their small size.

The Headrush need EQing to be flat; I think they’re abusing the FRFR moniker. The ELIS.8 are tuned for the guitar’s frequency response and are probably better described as guitar-range, “GRFR”, and sounded great with my presets without a change.

I eventually sold my pair of ELIS.8 because they were hard to hear on a small stage with a loud band when I had to stand a foot in front of them. The dispersion, while it’s good, wasn’t wide enough for my use but I’m 6’1” so I think my ears were too high for that distance. I use a pair of the EV PXM-12MP now because they fire upwards at a greater angle, but wish I kept the ELIS.8 for home use because they’re small enough I could fit them into my room, or for when I have a bit more room on stage.

The ELIS.8 is about 3x the price and I think they’re worth the difference.
The angle that the Elis.8's lean back at is something that I've wondered about...I'm not gigging right now, so it's not an issue for me, but I wonder if they determined that the cabinet reflected the sound better shaped the way it is. A 45 degree angle would definitely have been better for live playing.

You're dead on, though, with how musical their sound is. I'm still blown away on a daily basis, on how much better they are than my Powercab was.

The angle that the Elis.8's lean back at is something that I've wondered about...I'm not gigging right now, so it's not an issue for me, but I wonder if they determined that the cabinet reflected the sound better shaped the way it is. A 45 degree angle would definitely have been better for live playing.
Their literature shows the player standing about 5 feet away and having enough coverage which would make it hit about knee height where I had to stand, even tipped back. I don’t know how or why they chose the cabinet shape but it works well for normal uses where the speakers are in more of a regular backline.

Reactions: rog
Back
Top Bottom