Headrush MK II?

gbsmusic

Inspired
I saw they have come out with the MKII. I was just curious to see if anybody has bought the MKI8 and if there's any difference or if they sound better or worse than the MKI? Thank you in advance and if you've tried the 8 and 12 which did you like better?

A quick glance it looks like Bluetooth added and the back panel has been rearranged. The front logo is gold instead of white. Do not read any new speaker type or amplifier being used.

Again, haven't did a deep dive.

Yeah I saw the Bluetooth and the Cosmetic I was just wondering if there was any Improvement in the sound. Thanks for your input though.

Headrush = gross. Always.
I got in on the Christmas CLR sale I'm really just curious about a back-up plan in case they sell out before my name comes up. I've had the Headrush in the past and I thought they sounded fine. Of course not as good as the atomic but for the price I thought they sounded great.

I wasn't sure where to put it officer Buford T Justice.
Thank you, for the kind words.

My reason for proposing the question, was that it's rather rude to the Fractal staff to start a thread specifically discussing a competitor's product within a sub-forum dedicated to their (Fractal's) flagship product. The thread wasn't "Axe vs Headrush" or anything related to the Axe III. It was pure discussion on a competitor's product.

If you were on a Chevrolet forum and asked about the new Mustang vs. the last Mustang, in the Corvette forum, wouldn't that also be, aside from clearly the wrong venue for discussion, a little rude?

Before I had my FM9 I was a Headrush user, I liked the Eleven Rack models and they continued in the Headrush.. the new model the Prime is the same processor as the OG Pedalboard with all the same amps and effects, but they added an XLR input, Amp Cloning (a reworked version of Peavy's revalaver) and WiFi/Bluetooth. It also gained all of the revalaver amp models and effects. They added a practice tool that allows you to slow down or change pitch of imported audio, but it's essentially the OG Pedalboard plus amp cloning.

The main problem with the new version is you can't build your own paths if you're using the mic input, you have to split the 14 available blocks into two lots of 7, so not enough for great guitar rigs and too many for the vocal path.. a 10/4 split would have been better, but we're a year into the new model and it hasn't had a meaningful update yet. I defected to the Fractal because of the better modelling/feel, desktop editor, the user configurable paths, flexible routing, better effects.. yes it takes longer to build a rig than in the Headrush, but you also don't run into the limitations of the Headrush. The Headrush is a perfectly capable unit, people who diss it out of hand are showing bias, but the Fractal is superior no doubt.

Before I had my FM9 I was a Headrush user, I liked the Eleven Rack models and they continued in the Headrush.. the new model the Prime is the same processor as the OG Pedalboard with all the same amps and effects, but they added an XLR input, Amp Cloning (a reworked version of Peavy's revalaver) and WiFi/Bluetooth. It also gained all of the revalaver amp models and effects. They added a practice tool that allows you to slow down or change pitch of imported audio, but it's essentially the OG Pedalboard plus amp cloning.

The main problem with the new version is you can't build your own paths if you're using the mic input, you have to split the 14 available blocks into two lots of 7, so not enough for great guitar rigs and too many for the vocal path.. a 10/4 split would have been better, but we're a year into the new model and it hasn't had a meaningful update yet. I defected to the Fractal because of the better modelling/feel, desktop editor, the user configurable paths, flexible routing, better effects.. yes it takes longer to build a rig than in the Headrush, but you also don't run into the limitations of the Headrush. The Headrush is a perfectly capable unit, people who diss it out of hand are showing bias, but the Fractal is superior no doubt.

I believe that the OP was referring to the new Headrush MkII monitors -

https://www.headrushfx.com/products/frfr108mk2/index.html

https://www.headrushfx.com/products/frfr112mk2/index.html

Thank you, for the kind words.

My reason for proposing the question, was that it's rather rude to the Fractal staff to start a thread specifically discussing a competitor's product within a sub-forum dedicated to their (Fractal's) flagship product. The thread wasn't "Axe vs Headrush" or anything related to the Axe III. It was pure discussion on a competitor's product.

If you were on a Chevrolet forum and asked about the new Mustang vs. the last Mustang, in the Corvette forum, wouldn't that also be, aside from clearly the wrong venue for discussion, a little rude?
He's talking about their powered speaker not their Eleven Rack II.

Headrush = gross. Always.
Sorry to jump in mid stream here, but I'm curious.

I have an Axe III, Mk II and love it and would never consider anything else for modeling.. when you refer to "Headrush = gross, always", are you referring to the entirety of their ecosystem, or just their modelers, or just their speakers?

I own the Mk I speakers, bought them during COVID shutdown so that I could have affordable speakers and honor the healthcare workers in my neighborhood by playing at 8pm for "The Howling" for nine months straight.

They've sounded great for the most part.. a little under powered and they get farty in the bass when cranked all the way up.. definitely not a bonified PA speaker by any means, but do their part well IMHO.. and work wonderful for our backyard parties as live sound stage monitors.

I'm considering getting a pair of the Mk II's. Seems the improvements are primarily the Bluetooth, as well as what seems to be a potential tweaking of the speaker technologies applied, and they've kicked the wattage up to 2,500 vs. the old 2,000 (as well as control layout changes, etc.)

Before I buy them, as I prefaced, I'm just curious if the comment you made is ubiquitous for Headrush, or if you were referring to something specific from them..

Thanks in advance!

I have an Axe III, Mk II and love it and would never consider anything else for modeling.. when you refer to "Headrush = gross, always", are you referring to the entirety of their ecosystem, or just their modelers, or just their speakers?

I own the Mk I speakers, bought them during COVID shutdown so that I could have affordable speakers and honor the healthcare workers in my neighborhood by playing at 8pm for "The Howling" for nine months straight.

They've sounded great for the most part.. a little under powered and they get farty in the bass when cranked all the way up.. definitely not a bonified PA speaker by any means, but do their part well IMHO.. and work wonderful for our backyard parties as live sound stage monitors.

I'm considering getting a pair of the Mk II's. Seems the improvements are primarily the Bluetooth, as well as what seems to be a potential tweaking of the speaker technologies applied, and they've kicked the wattage up to 2,500 vs. the old 2,000 (as well as control layout changes, etc.)

Before I buy them, as I prefaced, I'm just curious if the comment you made is ubiquitous for Headrush, or if you were referring to something specific from them..

Thanks in advance!
They are a lot of speaker reviews in this forum and plenty of mentions of Headrush. They are considered “okay for the money” if you EQ them to make them less inaccurate. IMO, you have the best modeler available and are holding it back by playing through a poor sounding speaker. Try an Atomic CLR, EV PXM 12MP, RedSound MF10, or Fender FR-12.

Thanks in advance!

There’s been some people here that started with the Headrush speakers and then moved on. I had some great times with mine. But after I built a Celestion F12 cab the Headrush is music playback only. It’s not a bad budget speaker but it’s easy to do better. It’s boomy, the tweeter is harsh, it’s all plastic. Running the best amp modeler made through a just ok speaker doesn’t make sense. Try something else, there are better options discussed on many threads on the forum. The Fender FR-12 is a crowd pleaser and the price is not bad. It looks great too, like an amp not a PA speaker.

Back
Top Bottom