Headphones Out 2 w/ 2 guitar's

cyberfunk

Hey Guys,

I've got an axe fx 2 and have a mate coming round to jam tonight. We both want to play through the axe with out own guitars and headphones as we both have babies who will be asleep and desperately trying to find a away to jam.

I have a dual guitar preset set up, can I connect the first set of headphones to the headphones slot and a second set of headphones to output 2 so we can jam together?

Or Is there a better way to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance!

Output 2 won’t work for Headphones.. you’ll need either a Stereo Y adapter to split the signal out of the headphone out or, (preferably) a headphone amp with multiple outs.

Out 2 may be able to drive some headphones well enough for this. You'd need a Y adapter to get both channels to phones but you could test the left side without one.

Computer playback won't go to Out 2. If that's part of the plan, you'd need to use some combination of headphone output, Output 1, or possibly digital out to something with a headphone output.

That would be good if we could do computer playback too - are you implying that I could also use out 1 rear for phones in addition to the headphone jack at the front? Would this be better than out 2?
Out 2 may be able to drive some headphones well enough for this. You'd need a Y adapter to get both channels to phones but you could test the left side without one.

Computer playback won't go to Out 2. If that's part of the plan, you'd need to use some combination of headphone output, Output 1, or possibly digital out to something with a headphone output.

That would be good if we could do computer playback too - are you implying that I could also use out 1 rear for phones in addition to the headphone jack at the front? Would this be better than out 2?

It would include playback, unlike out 2. Out 1 level knob will adjust both signals, which might be an issue without some way to deal with it (separate volume control before the louder headphones).

It would include playback, unlike out 2. Out 1 level knob will adjust both signals, which might be an issue without some way to deal with it (separate volume control before the louder headphones).
Thanks for this! Will give these option a crack tonight!!!

Back
Top Bottom