Headphone Sound Disappointing. User Error?

Everything from crystal clean to evh juiced up marshalls. Sounds incredible through the headphones using my AxeFx II. I've used two different headphones - nothing too expensive. And it just sounds massive. I have to say that I also like listening to music with headphones. I like to hear every detail.

I have the AxeFx II XL+ and play mostly through my headphones because of the old lady, Heh. Sounds great! Not too much difference between my headphones and playing through my tube combo amp.

Cool thing I use some Audeze el8 titanium's that are planar magnetic and they've been the only thing to make it not sound so anemic. On this other thread people were talking about using a headphone amp with the axe 2. Maybe a cool new piece of kit.

I guess it depends on your headphones but I would not use a headphone amp. It's already very loud without getting to 12 o'clock on the output knob.

I use a Fiio E17K ALPEN 2 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier with either 64Audio A6's, JH Roxannes, or Oppo PM-3's, and they all sound amazing. Using stock headphone output, not so much..

yea, it's not loud on mine. Even with knob on max. Is there a global setting I am missing?
That's interesting. Headphone out is getting the signal that goes to Output 1 L+R, nothing special. Mine is freakin loud - I have to be careful because even below 12 oclock I can get a little ringing in my ears after playing. If you have cabs or power amps turned off (like if you're running your Axe through a power amp and guitar speaker cab) then your headphone output will monitor that sound - which will not sound good through headphones. I assume you're Output 1 L+R is sounding loud and full through your FRFR monitor? If that's the case, then I wonder if it's your headphones. Do you have very high impedance headphones? EDIT: I see from your first post you're using the same headphones as me.... Do they sound good through other devices? Can you switch out the 1/4 - 1/8 adaptor, those can be bad.

I use Audio Technica M50s, can't go past 8'oclock - noon would destroy my hearing.
They sound great btw.

That's interesting. Headphone out is getting the signal that goes to Output 1 L+R, nothing special. Mine is freakin loud - I have to be careful because even below 12 oclock I can get a little ringing in my ears after playing. If you have cabs or power amps turned off (like if you're running your Axe through a power amp and guitar speaker cab) then your headphone output will monitor that sound - which will not sound good through headphones. I assume you're Output 1 L+R is sounding loud and full through your FRFR monitor? If that's the case, then I wonder if it's your headphones. Do you have very high impedance headphones? EDIT: I see from your first post you're using the same headphones as me.... Do they sound good through other devices? Can you switch out the 1/4 - 1/8 adaptor, those can be bad.

AudioTechnica M50, just like other posters who can't go past noon on output 1.
Yes, L+R loud and clear through FRFR. They work and sound fine on anything else.
Adapter is fine too.
It's as if I set some global setting the wrong way or taken too many dB off my presets, but they are the same volume as the factory presets. Except it's plenty loud on FRFR. I barely crank that at home.

If you’re getting good sound out to frfr and your headphones are working well on other devices then I think it’s time to open a request to fractal support.

AudioTechnica M50, just like other posters who can't go past noon on output 1.
Yes, L+R loud and clear through FRFR. They work and sound fine on anything else.
Adapter is fine too.
It's as if I set some global setting the wrong way or taken too many dB off my presets, but they are the same volume as the factory presets. Except it's plenty loud on FRFR. I barely crank that at home.
Hi! Please, if you find a solution make me know please cos I have the same problem, the sound from my headphones is too weak :cry:. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom