Headphone Recommendations

Nero

Inspired
Hi guys, i'm looking to get new headphones, mainly for at home practice and tweaking presets, i'm wondering if any of you have any good suggestions, ideally i'd rather keep it under $200

Ideally i need a set that represents the sounds well and doesn't have added bass or treble

Oh an i run my AX8 into the computer and listen from there.

Thank you in advance!

I use a pair of Beyer Dynamic 990 Pro - They are very nice. Comfortable to wear, and the sound is balanced and open. Good stereo sound stage too. It should be within the budget, I think.

Thank you! how are they as far as creating presets? do they translate ok to other speakers and live?

For flat monitors, I like my AKG K271 Studio headphones. I don't use them for creating presets though so I can't speak to how they would translate to live tones.

Thank you! how are they as far as creating presets? do they translate ok to other speakers and live?

I use them in conjunction with my studio monitors, and live I monitor with IEMs - Between those three and the times I listen to FOH, I think they translate quite well.

I'm using the Bayerdynamic DT 880 Pro. Very comfortable with no accentuation in the lows or highs.

Last edited:
You might look at the Direct Sound Ex-29 Isolating headphones. They don't have the best sound response, esp compared to AKG K701s, etc but the patches I've created with them on translate well when I listen with my Atomic cab.

The sound isolation is really nice if you practice with a band. Paul Gilbert has been known to play live on stage with them. They are around ~$130US.

I have had many over the years with my axefx'sssss.Hah....Now have Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 25 6ohms and they are great IMHO. So comfortable also....Like Smitt, I use my studio monitors also. Either gets me what I want

Back
Top Bottom