Headphone recommendation

JPS225

Does anyone have a headphones recomendation for use with the Fm3 and buliding patches? Preferably not breaking the bank, but I do need a good sound for patch building. I have a set of Audio Technica ATH-M20X, but everything sounds off in them. And no where near the same as when i go through an FRFR or the bands PA. I know things won't be the same, but i would like to be able to build a patch ahead of time that won't require ton of tweaking on site.

Does anyone have a headphones recomendation for use with the Fm3 and buliding patches? Preferably not breaking the bank, but I do need a good sound for patch building. I have a set of Audio Technica ATH-M20X, but everything sounds off in them. And no where near the same as when i go through an FRFR or the bands PA. I know things won't be the same, but i would like to be able to build a patch ahead of time that won't require ton of tweaking on site.

Sony MDR-7506 - Recording studio industry standard - And best for Fractal also from what I have tried.​

Sony MDR-7506 - Recording studio industry standard - And best for Fractal also from what I have tried.​

Just my opinion, but be careful when using the MDR-7506. They sound nice but mine are severely lacking in low end. If you dial in tones that sound good on them, will likely be very bass heavy on other systems. Agree the VSX headphones sound great, but they are pricey.

Just my opinion, but be careful when using the MDR-7506. They sound nice but mine are severely lacking in low end. If you dial in tones that sound good on them, will likely be very bass heavy on other systems. Agree the VSX headphones sound great, but they are pricey.

I'd like to add that they're very bright as well. Before I realized this, my mixes all sounded muffled because I was applying super heavy high cuts to everything to counter the brightness.

+1 I used these exclusively for about a year w my fm3. Big fan and a great price
Just my opinion, but be careful when using the MDR-7506. They sound nice but mine are severely lacking in low end. If you dial in tones that sound good on them, will likely be very bass heavy on other systems.
+1 on this as well it’s very true, although def not a deal breaker just something to be aware of

The Beyerdynamic DT-990 are good, I use them. They’re open back which sounds a bit more natural than closed back headphones. I also have DT 770 closed back headphones which are great for sound isolation.

Back
Top Bottom