Headphone Question

I have had the exact same issue with the headphone out. I have an incredible sound coming through my monitors and when recorded, however, when I use the headphones its very brittle and digital sounding. It sounds like the cab sim is turned off, but obviously that is not the case. Too bad, it would be sweet to get that great tone through the headphones too. I understand that it may be off due to different types of headphones, but this is a HUGE difference. It sounds so digital and just terrible, nothing like how great the Axe II sounds through everything else.

I would expect the headphone out to be pretty clear. What are the specifications on the Headphone out? Doesn't make sense to have to practice through a DAW at night just to get a good sounding headphone out

The headphone out seems to lack low end with my K240S and Beyer DT770 Pro compared to my monitors (Event ASP8 and KRK V6II). The global Output 1 EQ can be used to warm up headphones by bumping up 125hz and 250hz.

It would be nice to have a dedicated eq for the headphones as:

Output 1 settings apply to all instances of the Output 1 mix signal including the Headphone jack, the OUT1 balanced jacks, the OUT1 unbalanced jacks, and signal which may be routed to USB or DIGITAL OUTS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom