Headphone Out VS Outputs in Back?

APE

Inspired
When I listen to the AxeFX II directly via headphones via the Axe FX PHONES jack on the front panel, it sounds great. When I run the guitar processor into the Focusrite 18i8 and listen through the same headphones, plugged into the Focusrite, the sound is awful.

I use OUTPUT 1, 1/4", on the back of the AxeFX, straight into channels 3 & 4 on the Focusrite.

How can use the Focusrite without it affecting the sound?

describe "awful."

how much signal are you sending into the Focusrite? are you clipping? not sending enough signal?

In my experience, the Focusrite headphone preamps did not seem accurate as to what I ended up hearing mixed down and heard through speakers. I switched to the 2nd gen 6i6 and was still unimpressed. Now, I’m using Antelop Audio’s Zen Tour. It seems to be more accurate through the headphones to me. I believe the headphone pre on the Axe is better than average as well based on the fact that it sounds closer to what is mixed down and played through decent monitors.

Reactions: APE
describe "awful."

how much signal are you sending into the Focusrite? are you clipping? not sending enough signal?
Output 1 on Axe FX is halfway up. Focusrite inputs at about 3.5 (its inputs have no tick markers). I can turn up the focusrite more before it clips, but it still sounds bad.

When I use pitch effects on AxeFX, the sound is even worse, especially with harmonics.

Output 1 on Axe FX is halfway up. Focusrite inputs at about 3.5 (its inputs have no tick markers). I can turn up the focusrite more before it clips, but it still sounds bad.

When I use pitch effects on AxeFX, the sound is even worse, especially with harmonics.

So, how does it sound when you playing an mp3 on your computer using headphones 1: from the Focurite 2: from the Axe Fx?

Just to make sure........You are using two cables coming from the Axe-Fx II Output 1 Left and Right?
Yes.

I heard somewhere that the converter for the headphone jack on the focusrite is not good. I really don't know.

Back
Top Bottom