Headphone Impedance

rtcook

Experienced
Cliff/Adam or anyone who knows for sure...

What's the proper headphone impedance match for the Axe II? I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones and not sure on this spec. Seems to be wide range of values.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Roger

Last I remember reading Cilff liked the beyerdynamic 880 pros and those are 250 ohms. I bought a pair and I think they are plenty loud for the axe fx. They sound really good especially for the price.

Mine are 32 ohms and work perfectly. Also, from wiki.......If the loudness of your headphones is too low, switch to lower impedance headphones (such as 32 Ohm) or use a headphone amp.

Last I remember reading Cilff liked the beyerdynamic 880 pros and those are 250 ohms. I bought a pair and I think they are plenty loud for the axe fx. They sound really good especially for the price.

Get the 32 Ohm version, the higher impedance versions require an external amplifier to use with your phone, etc.

Does anybody know what the impedance range for the axe Fx headphone jack specifically? And the suggested headphone impedance value? Seems like I recall 60 to 80 but I'm not sure how I got that, maybe inference from someone's post. Thanks guys.

No. I have the DT880 250-ohm model, and they work well with Axe-Fx. Adjust the output level (OUT1) for desired volume.

I bought the Beyer Dynamics DT880 250 ohm headphones and returned them. They just did not sound right to me. Thin and no bass. Maybe because they needed the headphone amp? They were also not loud enough, but I like it loud. I may try the 32 ohm version of either the DT770's or DT880's some day.

Roger

I own the DT880 Pro's and they're quieter than my other eargoggles. But they're absolutely FINE. In fact, they sound excellent. Sure, I can't crank the piss outta them like some others I have, but their clarity, balance and range are exceptional.

No headphone amp whatsoever. Direct into HP out from front panel.

Yes, I believe Mr. Cliff uses these as well, but that doesn't really mean jack jimmy. Headphones are a personal thing.

Back
Top Bottom