Head phone editing.

Hello. Im an old dog trying to learn some new tricks so please bare with me.
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a set of good quality headphones I could use with my new FM9. Something that can get in the Fletcher Munson curve and have a relatively flat frequency response. I'd like to be able to create and tweak patches via phone and then adjust accordingly in real time. Thank you, Joe

Something that can get in the Fletcher Munson curve and have a relatively flat frequency response.
You'll be in the $400 range. Sennheiser's HD-650 are a common choice, and, with a compensating EQ curve to flatten them further, they'll do really well.

Ollo Audio has the S5X that by many reports are excellent and are what I'm targeting; They're very flat to begin with and with small adjustments seem like they'd be very flat.

get in the Fletcher Munson curve
This doesn't make sense. The Fletcher-Munson curve isn't something we get into, we're born with it and can't leave. What we can do is lessen its affect with volume that is around 95 dB, which is a comfortably-loud stage volume.

I use several different types of headphones, and switch between them, using appropriate compensating curves. The resulting sound of my presets make me happy when I'm playing live. I'll make minor tweaks to my EV cabinet(s) to compensate for the stage and position and not touch the presets except maybe to reduce reverb or gain, and there are ways to make that easier.

Back
Top Bottom