Having trouble reamping in logic pro X with aggregate device

O1111

I've been following this guide here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ic-mac-all-digital-paths.106046/#post-1472568

Further, i'm using SPDIF instead of USB. I've been doing well following the instructions, until I get to the step " Dry track: input = dry out of AXE, output = AXE input" I can't seem to set my output on my dry signal to the axe input, just to two axe fx outputs.

My aggregate device is set up as follows: Channels 3-4 are my wet out analog out from my axe fx into my autio interface

Chanel 17-19 are my axe FX: Channel 17 is front left, 18 is front right, 19 is center (Dry track?) and 20 is for "low frequency effects".

In that regard, I have my recording setup in logic pro X as follows:
Track 1: Wet signal- analog 3 from my interface L, analog 4 from my interface R (I just enabled the L channel for now). Output is stereo output (studio monitors.

Track 2- dry track- channel 19 on my axe FX 2 (input 3). Now, I can't figure out how to set my output as "Axe FX input" as stated in the guide. My only options are stereo 17 and 18 (Axe FX Outs)

If anyone could help me out it would be very appreciated!

If you want to reamp via SPDIF you need to select the other interface's SPDIF output & input for these tracks. You don't actually need an aggregate device in this case although it might be useful for other things.

FYI if you were reamping via USB, the left Axe-FX output would be the typical/correct thing to choose for the dry track output.

Thank you for your reply. Could you please clarify by "you need to select the other interface's SPDIF output & input for these tracks"?

Also, I seem to be getting a dry signal from input 1 on the axe fx (Front left)
Finally, I'm not too sure how to set my output on my dry channel to "axe FX input". My only options are two outputs for the axe fx

Thank you for your reply. Could you please clarify by "you need to select the other interface's SPDIF output & input for these tracks"?

If you're reamping via SPDIF you need to set the dry track output to your interface (not Axe-FX) SPDIF output, and the new record track input to its SPDIF input.

Also, I seem to be getting a dry signal from input 1 on the axe fx (Front left)
Finally, I'm not too sure how to set my output on my dry channel to "axe FX input". My only options are two outputs for the axe fx

That's all normal. If you were reamping via USB you'd normally choose the left output channel of the two you're seeing.

If you're reamping via SPDIF you need to set the dry track output to your interface (not Axe-FX) SPDIF output, and the new record track input to its SPDIF input.

That's all normal. If you were reamping via USB you'd normally choose the left output channel of the two you're seeing.

Thanks, i'll give it a shot. Also, should I set my clock source on my interface to "internal" or "SPDIF

Hmm...so what would my wet and dry inputs be in this case?

Finally, on my IO under "USB/Digi out source" Should it be set to input or output 1/2 if i'm using an aggregate device

Interface clock source = internal while using SPDIF to/from Axe-FX, as Axe will only sync to SPDIF input signal then.

Over USB 1/2 would be wet, 3/4 dry.

USB/Digi Out Source = Output 1 for any of this.

Interface clock source = internal while using SPDIF to/from Axe-FX, as Axe will only sync to SPDIF input signal then.

Over USB 1/2 would be wet, 3/4 dry.

USB/Digi Out Source = Output 1 for any of this.

Hmmm...thank you. I'm making progress. My input 1/2 give me a wet signal, and 3/4 dry.

I can't however get the reamp track to work. I tried the input as my Axe FX wet, and my SPDIF, and at best I just get a loud "beep" sound.

In the IO menu. Should by Input 1 and 2 mode be stereo, as well as my output modes?

Keep in mind i'm using an aggregate device. I sincerely appreciate the help!

Input 1 mode = left only

Output 1 mode = stereo typically fine (if creating a mono preset you can always just record one channel)

In/Out 2 modes don't matter as they're not used here.

A constant high-pitched sound usually indicates a feedback loop. You need to make sure your DAW tracks and interface software mixer aren't set up to somehow route what's being received from the Axe back out to the Axe input.

Input 1 mode = left only

Output 1 mode = stereo typically fine (if creating a mono preset you can always just record one channel)

In/Out 2 modes don't matter as they're not used here.

A constant high-pitched sound usually indicates a feedback loop. You need to make sure your DAW tracks and interface software mixer aren't set up to somehow route what's being received from the Axe back out to the Axe input.

Thank you very much. I couldn't get that feedback noise to go away, so I just went ahead and used USB and it worked.

I take it I have to be recording to listen to live reamping?

Also, input 1/2 on the axe are L and R, and input 3 is dry? 14 is stated in my aggregate as "Low frequency effects"

It should be possible to monitor the reamped sound on playback. There might be a per-track setting for that.

That's correct on Axe input numbers. Input 4 will be identical to 3 when using "left only" Input 1 mode. The LFE name doesn't mean anything. I believe it's just that software will assume a name based on what that channel number would be in a 5.1 (or possibly other multichannel) format.

It should be possible to monitor the reamped sound on playback. There might be a per-track setting for that.

That's correct on Axe input numbers. Input 4 will be identical to 3 when using "left only" Input 1 mode. The LFE name doesn't mean anything. I believe it's just that software will assume a name based on what that channel number would be in a 5.1 (or possibly other multichannel) format.

Hmmm...what's strange is when I set my main input source to analog one, my dry track is silent (like it should) and my reamp track is just another wet recording. I'm assuming this is because my input is my wet axe out?

Then, when I have it set to USB main input source, my dry track becomes a live reamp track, and my reamp track is just a recording (like the previous setting)

That's all normal if I'm understanding your post correctly. A track recording channels 1/2 will always get the processed result of whatever main input source is being sent through it.

That's all normal if I'm understanding your post correctly. A track recording channels 1/2 will always get the processed result of whatever main input source is being sent through it.

Awesome, thanks again! It seems like there is an echo playing when i'm recording my wet tracks. Like the sound is coming from two tracks.

Try disabling track monitoring. You probably have some form of direct-through-interface monitoring happening, which would be less latency than software monitoring.

Try disabling track monitoring. You probably have some form of direct-through-interface monitoring happening, which would be less latency than software monitoring.

I’ll check it out tommorow. Thanks again for all the help, it is sincerely appreciated

Back
Top Bottom