HAVING TROUBLE, PLEASE HELP

shauniak

Anyone know how I can quickly return a block to default settings in the axe-fx? No matter what I try, like an amp block for example, it always returns to my previous settings (tone, drive, etc.) even if i delete it and re-add it.

IF you are using either of the editors I have no idea. From the front panel have block you want in edit mode and press and hold bypass button. You should see all the dials move. That's how I do it.

When I hold the bypass in on an amp block in edit mode, it resets the amp to Tube Pre. How does one get the default settings for a particular amp model?

Karl Houseknecht said:
When I hold the bypass in on an amp block in edit mode, it resets the amp to Tube Pre. How does one get the default settings for a particular amp model?

Just turn the knob to your particular amp model. It will be at defaults.

Re: Default values for amp models

electronpirate said:
Karl Houseknecht said:

Nope. It stays on the default tone and poweramp settings for Tube Pre.

Karl Houseknecht said:
electronpirate said:
[quote="Karl Houseknecht":2y3muyob]When I hold the bypass in on an amp block in edit mode, it resets the amp to Tube Pre. How does one get the default settings for a particular amp model?

Nope. It stays on the default tone and poweramp settings for Tube Pre.[/quote:2y3muyob]

For all amps tones settings always revert to 12:00, drive a little higher than 12:00. Some amp models will have bright on by default others will not. Damp,Depth will change depending on model (though many are the same). Hi/low cut, bias, spkr freq, presence frq, tone stacklocation, tone freq, and several other parameters change depending on the model. Some models have very similar default settings. Be sure you are turning the type knob, not the global amp knob.

javajunkie said:
For all amps tones settings always revert to 12:00, drive a little higher than 12:00. Some amp models will have bright on by default others will not. Damp,Depth will change depending on model (though many are the same). Hi/low cut, bias, spkr freq, presence frq, tone stacklocation, tone freq, and several other parameters change depending on the model. Some models have very similar default settings. Be sure you are turning the type knob, not the global amp knob.

Ah, I see now. It must have been a case of different expectations. I expected different default tone settings for different amp models, kinda like how Line6 did it. The changes in the other parameters must be far more subtle than I thought.

Works as designed, then. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom