Having to reboot axe to get axe edit to run!

Billbill

Power User
so I got my axe New a few months back and has always worked flawlessly with axe edit via MacBook Pro. All of a sudden when the new axe edit and FW versions came out a couple months ago I got issues now!! NOTE, I never updated either axe edit or axe's FW!! When I do my rig startup and open edit, I get the pop up window that tells me new version is available. I'm not ready to update anything yet so I usually just click ignore/cancel and proceed with jamming.
Issue: as axe edit is loading up sometimes it can't connect with a new pop up window that says "VERSION INFORMATION COULD NOT BE QUIRED". The only thing I can do is close edit, reboot the AxeFx and after 2 or 3 reboots it will work flawlessly from there. Super Fn annoying please help! Also I'm sure the constant powering on/off of the AxeFx can't be healthy for it either!

The first thing anyone is going to suggest is to get a new USB cable and try again. Faulty cable is the usual suspect in this sort of situation.

The cable is brand new, same one that came with my axe! Axe nor cable or any part of this rig has not even moved since it arrived. How can a USB cable crap out?
Also would make sense because I can get it going after a couple reboots and then all operates fine. Not the cable

Back
Top Bottom