Having strange behavior on FC-6 on Axe-Fx III

Hey -
Love my Axe Fx III, only amp I plan to ever buy as it looks like it’s going to be the big kahuna for a good while. Haven’t had any issues until this month. Lately, my FC6 has been very temperamental - all FWs and HW is updated and running normally but what the issues are

1. The bank presets are set to go up on the first switch and then decrease bank with the switch below it - but the banks aren’t changing, they are displaying what is there, but they aren’t choosing to load the preset, which is new to me. Usually i would hit bank and up it would go, (or down). I chose to select the first scene but it just is finicky

2. I have unplugged it from the main XLR, ive unplugged and reset the axe fx iii, ive reset and reconfigured the FC6 again, and it is just acting weird, and besides the specific example sometimes it would just go into like a “debug” mode where nothing was working but the display was giving a readout of some kind on the LCD

Anyway, does anyone have any clue as to this and maybe troubleshoot? Thanks

We'll need some more information to understand what's happening.

The bank presets are set to go up on the first switch and then decrease bank with the switch below it...
What are bank presets?

...but the banks aren’t changing, they are displaying what is there, but they aren’t choosing to load the preset, which is new to me. Usually i would hit bank and up it would go, (or down).
Are you saying that the correct bank is displayed, but no preset is selected? What do you have the Preset Load parameter set to for your bank switches?

I chose to select the first scene but it just is finicky
How did you make a bank switch select a scene? And can you describe "just finicky?"

2. I have unplugged it from the main XLR, ive unplugged and reset the axe fx iii, ive reset and reconfigured the FC6 again, and it is just acting weird...
Can you describe "weird?"

...and besides the specific example sometimes it would just go into like a “debug” mode where nothing was working but the display was giving a readout of some kind on the LCD
It would help to know what it says on that readout.

Anyway, does anyone have any clue as to this and maybe troubleshoot? Thanks
Try a different cable.

We'll need some more information to understand what's happening.

What are bank presets?
The bank presets are a variety of ones from different vendors. Austin buddy for example and many SUS others. The issue isn’t them, as they are loading correctly from the software axe edit 3 on windows 10.

Are you saying that the correct bank is displayed, but no preset is selected? What do you have the Preset Load parameter set to for your bank switches?
What I’m saying is the bank momentarily displays, the name and number, but it does not load as per the preset load parameter, ....UPDATE unless I do it per session, it seems to revert, but yes, it idenitifies the bank but it doesn’t load the preset or scene

How did you make a bank switch select a scene? And can you describe "just finicky?"
When i make a switch, i tap. Simple tap one up for bank +10 and loads the first preset and vice versa respectively for the down bank

Can you describe "weird?"

Weird because it seems odd displays of parameters that have nothing to with selections, very strange read outs that are not selectable, its just not discernible to me, and I am no expert, but I try to refer to coopers course with everything so IDK

It would help to know what it says on that readout.
Next time the “odd anomaly “read out comes on, where nothing is selectable and all FC6 controls have reset and become useless, I wil take a screenshot and upload,

In the meantime ill try different cables ;)
thx

The bank presets are a variety of ones from different vendors. Austin buddy for example and many SUS others. The issue isn’t them, as they are loading correctly from the software axe edit 3 on windows 10.
I'm trying to figure out what makes a "bank preset" different from any other preset.

What I’m saying is the bank momentarily displays, the name and number...
Sorry for all these questions, but I need enough words to know exactly what you're seeing. It displays the name and number of what? Banks don't have names. And where does it display this information?

...but it does not load as per the preset load parameter...
What is the preset load parameter set to?

...UPDATE unless I do it per session...
Help me understand what "per session" means.

Definitely do write down any weird displays you see. That will help us a lot.

I'm trying to figure out what makes a "bank preset" different from any other preset.

I didn’t mean it was. I meant a bank change preset versus a direct switch preset.... I assumed there was a difference from
The results. It might be my error ?

Sorry for all these questions, but I need enough words to know exactly what you're seeing. It displays the name and number of what? Banks don't have names. And where does it display this information?
Banks 1-10, incrementally by 10
So first switch pedal goes to bank presets 0-10, then 11-20 for second up and so on

it is co figures to select the first scene pet that preset when the bank loads

What is the preset load parameter set to?
It it set to load first scene

Help me understand what "per session" means.
Per session means if I record and alter or use more FC it tends to make the frequency more predictive at least to expect murphys law

I’ll get another cable maybe they are just old and they all need replacement if that’s what you think

Definitely do write down any weird displays you see. That will help us a lot.
I definitely will the next time it shows

thanks

Last edited:
The cable looks like it had a major issue because since I changed it, the problem hasn’t presented itself again. The display read out looks something like this [. Bank] but imagine that on the FC6 dot screen. Basically it looked like it was “hacked” or something, but it must’ve really just been an electric/hardware communication issue, if I might guess?

One last question on the FC-6, I keep on updating the fractal bot program for the axe, but I dont see anything changing on the FC6 screen reflecting an update or anything. Is there another process or is the firmware all in 1?

The cable looks like it had a major issue because since I changed it, the problem hasn’t presented itself again. The display read out looks something like this [. Bank] but imagine that on the FC6 dot screen. Basically it looked like it was “hacked” or something, but it must’ve really just been an electric/hardware communication issue, if I might guess?
Bad cable = bad results. I’m glad it’s fixed now.

One last question on the FC-6, I keep on updating the fractal bot program for the axe, but I dont see anything changing on the FC6 screen reflecting an update or anything. Is there another process or is the firmware all in 1?
Sorry, I don’t understand your question. Are you “updating the Fractal bot program,” or are you using Fractal-Bot to update the firmware, or are you doing something else? And what do you expect to see on the FC-6 that you aren’t seeing?

Back
Top Bottom