having problems with wah and whammy in same preset using same control parameter

cabo246

I am having a bitch of a time with trying to get my one expression pedal (mission engineering SP-1)to use as a wah as well as a Whammy, without switching presets. I have done this in the past and now want to build a new preset but I cant get it to work properly.

The problem I am facing is not the actual setup because like I said I know there are 2 ways to accomplish this following Yeks wiki guide here and I have used both methods in the past:

Expression pedals, external switches - Axe-Fx II Wiki

So where the issue is clearly in this section:
In the Modifier menu of BOTH effects (Wah: Frequency parameter; Pitch: Control parameter): set Source to the External controller that's attached to your expression pedal. Set auto-engage to Fast, Medium or Slow. (In my case external 1)

This is set to external 1 on both so when I toggle the pedal it works on both, but it lags tremendously and the whammy is sounding weird because of this massive amount of latency. If I disconnect the controller on the wah it will work fine...its just when both blocks use the same external control parameter is gets sluggish on the movement, not sure if its a bug or not so any help is apreciated.

Check CPU usage. Audio processing gets priority over things like response to controllers, so you may need to look for ways to lower CPU%. Also if connected via USB, remember it uses some CPU% and the preset might respond fine with no USB connection.

OK I will check out what you suggested Bakerman, I know as a fact the cpu is high 80s and I was connected to usb when I was experimenting.
Thanks for the help

check the dampining rate of the modifiers maybe? not sure if the edit might have some effect on this, try pausing the edit.

Back
Top Bottom