Having fun with the Looper

Xavi Garci

Inspired
I never used the looper until today, it is lots of fun, and incredibly useful, with some more work there are amazing things that can be done with it. This is obviously not a serious recording, just a little improvisation, recorded in one take with one guitar, using the looper. Amp model is Top Boost, almost everything default, with redwirez ir. Bass is also recorded direct with Axe.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9251110

Damn! Now I wish I had bought the Ultra instead of the Standard, the looper would come in incredibly handy when practicing and writing.

That was some seriously beautiful playing mate. If you don't mind me asking, what was the chord progression you used as the loop? It's a very pleasing sound.

thanks for sharing :cool:

-Robbie

Nice work, man :)
And very tasteful playing as well.

Time I pulled my finger out and started using the looper as well, methinx.
I'd read that it lacked a quantize function and was really expecting the transitions between loops to be very obvious and clunky - certainly not so with your recording :)
So what did you use as your controller for the looper? I've got a FCB1010 with the UnO firmware that I have to configure for Axe-Fx use.

Very nice.

But I have a question for you, Xavi. Every time I tried to use the looper in a band setting, the loop length is not quite exactly a multiple of a bar, and the small error keeps adding up, until my loop is completely off beat. So how do you manage to make it fit exactly on the beat? Since teh Axe-FX looper does not have any quantize feature, did you just do it a few times until your captured loop was close enough to an integer number of bars?

My trials at home work ok, but all attempts in a live setting are embarassing...

Xavi, that's some very chill playing! I could listen to that progression with you soloing over it for hours. Very Cool! Do you have any more?

Thank you for your comments. I agree, it's difficult to have the loop with the exact length, you have to be very precise, and finish recording it exactly at the beginning of the new bar. I used my FCB1010 with uno. It is quite dangerous in a live situation, but if you are precise enough, and your drummer is a good listener, I think it can be used. It is lots of fun anyway for practice and writing. Sorry for the guitar out of tune, I was just having fun, didn't bother to tune it :lol: About the chord progression, if I recall correctly, it is Gm D/F# F6 C Ebmaj F/A D9b, I'm not completely sure, I have to check with my guitar.

Very tasteful. What drive did you use with the Vox for the lead?

Thank you, yek. For the drive I used T808OD, drive 7.52, tone 6.42, everything else default. I love that drive with Stratocaster and Vox.

Xavi Garci said:
Thank you, yek. For the drive I used T808OD, drive 7.52, tone 6.42, everything else default. I love that drive with Stratocaster and Vox.

Thanks man. Me too!

Back
Top Bottom