Having an issue with "preset" not actually changing presets within my bank size....

Drtydeeds

Edit: Title should read "...issue with "preset mode"...

Hi there,

AxeFX II XL+ running version 19.00; preset offset 1
MFC 101 MkIII running version 3.08; XL+ mode, bank size 5; preset offset 1

MFC connected to Axe via Faslink using a standard XLR cable.
Also have a Ernie Ball VP Jr. setup as a volume pedal - works fine.

What I'm trying to achieve:

I want to be able to scroll through presets (5 at a time as indicated by my bank size) and choose what preset is active individually using buttons 1-5 on the MFC.
Right now I can't for the life of me figure out what's gone wrong.

The Issue:

Say I am on preset "001 59 Bassguy" and I want to go to let's say, preset 002 "65 Bassguy". When I press button 2, it takes 59 Bassguy to "scene 8". I understand how Scenes work (at least I think I do) and that's a cool feature, but not exactly what I want to happen when I hit buttons 1-5, I just want to switch presets in my 'bank' of 5 selectable presets.

Am I missing something here? My IA switches work fine, INCR/DECR work fine, everything else functions as expected, just not preset switching.

I've been pouring over the manual/posts/searching on the forum and can't find any place where I went wrong in my setup.

Edit: I see now that I probably should have posted this in the General Discussion, my bad.

Last edited:
verify that Bank Size is indeed 5.

do this test for me: you say pressing Switch 2 takes Preset 1 to Scene 8. what happens when you press Switch 2 a 2nd time?

so that means the Switch is controlling Scene Decrement, since it keeps going in reverse order.

try setting Bank Size to 0, exiting the menu completely. then set it to 5 again.

Back
Top Bottom