Have you Fed your Fractal lately???

Scott333

I was checking out one of the "latest/revised" presets named "Drones of Arrakis" for the Axe FX III and realized that this was created by "Fremen" who creates presets professionally. I was very interested in this preset and got pretty fascinated by the work he'd done with it. Once I had realized that he's all over the forum and is "one of us" too, I found his website and saw that he had tons of presets and "preset packs" to offer. I went ahead and bought his "Fremen’s Picks – Axe-Fx III" preset pack. (He also makes presets for other versions of Fractal stuff too.)

Well, I was blown away by it. So much so that I went back and bought just about everything he had to offer.
The packs come with a ton of presets and custom cabinets for just about everything, and lots of them at that.
What is blowing me away so far, is HOW REAL he's made these amps and custom cabs sound.
And I didn't really think it could get any better!
I'm still working my way through the "Fremen’s Picks – Axe-Fx III", but I'll report back here about the other packs as I get to them.
Have any of you gotten any of his packs he has?
Which ones?

The AXE FX III blew my mind when it came out.
And it continues to do so time and time again.
These Fremen presets have totally contributed to that.
I HIGHLY recommend them if you haven't tried them already.

Yeah, I have his "Axe-Fx III – The Pink Floyd pack" too but I dare dive into that right yet.
I'm having problems moving on through the presets because I'm diggin' them so much I'll stay on a single preset too long because it's so good.

One thing I am really liking is that I'm learning a LOT about new ways to approach different GAIN structures.
Out of the over 173 trillion ways you can create gain or distortion with an Axe FX unit, these presets have really opened up my mind to completely different approaches. And that alone was worth it to me to buy these products. I'm not only wanting some killer presets, but I want to learn all I can about this unit, it never ends.

Yeah, I have his "Axe-Fx III – The Pink Floyd pack" too but I dare dive into that right yet.
I'm having problems moving on through the presets because I'm diggin' them so much I'll stay on a single preset too long because it's so good.

One thing I am really liking is that I'm learning a LOT about new ways to approach different GAIN structures.
Out of the over 173 trillion ways you can create gain or distortion with an Axe FX unit, these presets have really opened up my mind to completely different approaches. And that alone was worth it to me to buy these products. I'm not only wanting some killer presets, but I want to learn all I can about this unit, it never ends.
Agreed. I have learned a lot from his presets.

Thanks for the kind words, guys :) That my presets are appreciated means a lot to me. It's a labor of love, I just love doing that.

Regarding the Pink Floyd pack : I will add new presets for Dogs and Coming back to life soon. I got so many requests for those that I finally studied them properly, and already made presets for other platforms

I was checking out one of the "latest/revised" presets named "Drones of Arrakis" for the Axe FX III and realized that this was created by "Fremen" who creates presets professionally. I was very interested in this preset and got pretty fascinated by the work he'd done with it. Once I had realized that he's all over the forum and is "one of us" too, I found his website and saw that he had tons of presets and "preset packs" to offer. I went ahead and bought his "Fremen’s Picks – Axe-Fx III" preset pack. (He also makes presets for other versions of Fractal stuff too.)

Well, I was blown away by it. So much so that I went back and bought just about everything he had to offer.
The packs come with a ton of presets and custom cabinets for just about everything, and lots of them at that.
What is blowing me away so far, is HOW REAL he's made these amps and custom cabs sound.
I'm still working my way through the "Fremen’s Picks – Axe-Fx III", but I'll report back here about the other packs as I get to them.
Which ones?

Which ones?

I just buy ALL his packs. Not only his amp settings are awesome, but the efeect settings are what I love even more. Copy paste to other presets and off you go.

I just buy ALL his packs. Not only his amp settings are awesome, but the efeect settings are what I love even more. Copy paste to other presets and off you go.
Make sure and read all the documentation that comes with the packs, especially for tips on the "kitchen sink" type presets. The lead channels on those have the PEQ blocks on and are set for boosting the solos not only in volume, but also in some cases distortion/gain, volume gain and a mid boost so that they'll stand out more in a mix. With the guitar I'm using, the presets with those mids bumped up sound a little like you have a wah turned on and the pedal cocked back a little bit like Michael Schenker. When just testing sounds and adjusting the tone, don't just simply turn it off and bypass, try it with the mids flattened back out because in some situations the PEQ's output is boosted a little to give some extra drive. Once I flatten the mids out on mine I could swear I'm plugged into the actual amps. He's really taken a lot of time with all the different types of gain and options for it on the different scenes and different "channels" as well (A, B, C, D).

Yeah... I just went and bought them all now. They are just that good. Now i need the AxeFX III mkII to have more room for presets! lol
ME TOO!!!

I'm still trying to come up with a good plan for how I'm going to arrange all of my presets once I get finished going through all the different packs. At a worst case scenario, I guess once all the cabs are installed we can just drag/drop different combinations of presets pretty quickly any time we need. I may have to go through and see what all stock presets I don't want to typically keep stored on the unit. I've been "tone searching" all my life and now I have about 300 amps I really like all at once!

Back
Top Bottom