Have you ever had one of those jobs that you really miss?

Used to fly all over the country...and sometimes out of it...doing software consulting. Loved flying. Loved the travel. Loved the work, even with the stress and crazy hours.

Now thanks to the changes in the travel environment, that kind of job has literally ceased to be.

Used to fly all over the country...and sometimes out of it...doing software consulting. Loved flying. Loved the travel. Loved the work, even with the stress and crazy hours.

Now thanks to the changes in the travel environment, that kind of job has literally ceased to be.

I did a lot of the same… Being able to travel is a skill.

Also worked from home.

Before the whole world ruined it. 😝

I know several people that retired or left a job that wasn't so great but really missed it. Also know a few that did the same and were happy to be away from the stress.

There are good and bad things with everything I've done. A lot of public brings the most stress. Even a great thing can cause burnout if you don't get a break every now and then. Doing a few different things (plus the old) in recent years has been a good change even if the work can be harder than previous stuff.

I used ride a bicycle through there all the time; Lyons, Big Thompson Canyon, Estes Park, Allens Park, down to Fort Collins, Loveland, etc.

Fond memories … many miles in my 20s
Many miles with lots of elevation gain too! I'm definitely not in good enough shape to do that anymore. I still ride often but mostly stick to the flat stuff now.

Ft Collins?

A lot of Colorado guys … expat here lol

I lived in the Rockies for a long time
Yup. It was the Green Studio at 88.9FM KRFC and I used to mix the broadcast for New West Fest in the summer time.

@Rex Rox I used to work one of the concession stands for Frontier Days when I was way younger, grilling hot dogs and burgers for visitors. If you're looking for a great place to grab lunch/dinner while you're there check out T-Joe's Steakhouse & Saloon. It's out of the way, owned by a ranching family, and it's one of Cheyenne's best kept secrets.

no, honestly I am the happiest in my current job.
I started teaching myself CG around 2000, with a free program called Blender at that time, relatively quickly started doing freelance jobs for advertising. I worked all over Germany, in London and moved to New Zealand 8 years ago to work for Weta. Currently as a Look Development Supervisor.
Although it can be quite stressful at times, like on Avatar 2, it still beats all other jobs I had prior. The last project we finished was Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 and my lookdev team was amazing, I'm very proud of their work and work ethic. It was a great experience of fantastic team spirit.

Putting money aside from the discussion, and just going with jobs I enjoyed...

Managing an arcade back in the 80s. Loved the games and pinball, and although keeping the machines running and assorted hassles was a pain, I loved the environment.

Went from the arcade to managing a deli in a college town. Super chill, employees were great. We were open super late, lots of college girls; it was a good time.

Startup I worked for. Busted ass there, we all did, but I've never worked with a more eclectic group of people. Almost everyone there was like an expert in something else other than the software we were working on. Just a fascinating group to hang with every day, and really enjoyed that place. All good things come to an end though.

I've had a good time at some other jobs, and don't hate my current gig at all, but the above were fond memories.

Music field... (well, miss the music part of it anyway)

Don't care much for what I do now, but at least it's mostly stable and provides better for my family.

Back
Top Bottom