Have the best Marshall cabs? NOPE York Audio M20 & Blackjack kick A$$!

PincoTech

Experienced
What I like so much about the York Audio M20 Marshall cab pack & Blackjack 412?

1. .Wav format!
2. Long IR’s (up to 500 ms)
3. None of the IR’s are forced to conform to an EQ curve! (To create create false flavors) None of the EQ spectrum has been truncated. This means that only the best IR’s made it in this pack.

They sound phenomenal with the high cut left wide open @ 20k. To me, this really means that an enormous amount of time must have been spent in capturing these IR’s. Of course you can change the eq after, if you want, but it’s not likely that you’ll even want to. The air sounds great, with no brittleness, or ice picking. I found that many of the m20 mix IR’s will replace ALL my “EVH like” presets!

4. I found that the M20 mix IR’s are so good, that I may not even mess with the included individual Raw IR’s.

5. This is big for me!
I don’t have to listen to 200 IR’s to find a good one.

6. The pack isn’t bloated! It’s all good!
I’m done with cab packs with thousands of IR’s. Who really even has the kind of time needed to manage thousands of IR’s, not to mention multiple packs with thousands.

7. Again. None of the IR’s have forced character, either by EQ restriction, or EQ enhancement. They sound perfect wide open!

Bottom line:

IR’s that don’t need to be forced, are like a great guitar with perfect pickups for the job at hand. Every single piece of a signal chain from your fingers and pick, to the speakers you listen through, are additive elements that can make or break the tone.

Many of you on this forum already know a lot of this. I’m just really stoked about this cab pack, and two others that I jumped on, to try next.

Thank you York Audio !!!

Last edited:
I’m a fan of the mixes also. It makes it easy to get a great sound.
True!
I have no issue with individuals either & every one I tried sounded fantastic. No need to dig far to find the “Best”. That’s the way it should be since the developer of the IR’s (York Audio) clearly wants to be king of the hill.

Both amazing pack. My 2 "go to" when using anything Soldano / Friedman / Marshall!

Lately I've been using both mix 01 of the M20 and H30.

(My real 4x12 has Scumbacks H75 and M75 in X pattern. This gets me a somewhat familiar sound!)

Lots of great IRs maker out there but YA are the ones I jive the most with! 🤘

I've never used 3rd party IR's but my friend swears by them for his Helix. I think he also favours the York Audio ones but I've also heard great reviews by Leon Todd so I thought I would, finally, give in and buy them.

I bought the Marshall, Mesa and Fender Deluxe ones this morning and I'm super impressed. The Mark IIC++ sounds stellar with the MES Mix number 8 loaded.

I'll get the Bogner ones next before he sells out because they are on special offer.

That last bit was a joke ;)

But, well done York Audio, these are incredible !

I use Redwirez Marshal Vintage 30 Ir's for my marshall patches, i will give the Bogna V30 a try ...

Fractal units come stock with numerous third party IRs.

If a “factory” IR has ML, OH or YA in it’s name, it it is from an outside vendor.

I suppose I meant that I had never bought any third party IRs.

Back
Top Bottom